AAUW International Fellowship 2022-2023 are open to online applications from international candidates worldwide. International Fellowships are given for full-time studies or research at institutions in the United States to women who do not have U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Postgraduate and graduate courses within recognized U.S. institutions are supported.
The applicant must have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the deadline for application. They must have applied to the institutions they would like to study at the time of their application. The International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships can be renewed for the second year. Fellows will receive information about how to apply for this competitive program.
The recipients are chosen based on academic achievements and demonstrated dedication toward girls and women. The recipients return to their country of origin to lead their respective businesses and administration, academia, community activism, the sciences or arts.
The coverage for AAUW International Fellowship Scholarships:
Table of Contents
These AAUW international fellowships scholarships award the following amount awards:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000
International Fellowship funds are available to:
- Educational costs.
- Living expenses.
- Child care for dependent children.
- Attend professional conferences, meetings, or seminars, so the limit does not exceed 10 per cent of the fellowship amount.
AAUW International Fellowship Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
- International Fellowships aren’t open to former recipients of any AAUW national grant or fellowship (not including local or branch awards and Community Action Grants).
- The members of the AAUW, the board of directors and committees, panels, task teams, staff, and current interns are not eligible for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. Anyone who is currently awarded an award is qualified for appointment or election to committees, boards or panels, and task teams.
- International Fellowships are offered to scholars who identify as female across every field of study.
- Reapplying unsuccessful applicants can try again.
- To be considered for the International Fellowship, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Are citizens of another country that one that is located in the U.S. or possesses a nonimmigrant visa when living within the U.S. Women who are, or are expected to be in the fellowship year, U.S. residents, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of U.S. citizens or dual citizen with the U.S. and other countries are not qualified.
- Earn an academic diploma (earned either in or outside of the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed on or before November 15 2021.
- She plans to dedicate herself fully to the study plan during the year of fellowship.
- She plans to return to her home country to pursue a career as a professional.
- You must be proficient in English and prove it by sending a valid Educational Test Service Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score, or other evidence accepted by AAUW. Anyone who plans to take TOEFL or IELTS must plan to complete the exam as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding these tests, your test’s test taker.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have submitted their applications before November 15, 2022, to an accredited university for the duration of the fellowship year. Fellows must include the school’s name on the International Fellowship application. Fellows are required to provide proof of their acceptance from the institution in the acceptance documents.
- Master’s or first professional degree fellowships are designed for masters or professional degree-level programs like J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch. or medical degrees like M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are for postgraduate degrees, like PhD or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must show evidence of their doctoral degree or hold the doctorate recognized as a researcher qualification (e.g., PhD, Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) and an M.F.A. before November 15, 2022, specify where they plan to or pursue their research.
- Doctoral students must have enrolled at a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A small number of awards are made available in tributes to Graduate Women International members for studies or research conducted in any other country other than their home country. It is important to note that branches outside of U.S. Institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Candidates are eligible for fellowships during their program, but they must be able to complete the entire year of research or study. International Fellowships don’t grant funding for a single year of study or study. Programmes that end before the end of April 1 of the year you are a fellow. You are not qualified.
- Distance learning and online programs Master’s or first-professional degrees and doctoral fellowships provide traditional courses taught in classrooms at universities or colleges. This fellowship does not offer funds for distance learning or online courses, or degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. AAUW will decide the final decisions on what constitutes distance learning within this fellowship. AAUW will consider applications from those temporarily studying remotely because of COVID-19 regulations at their institution.
The applicants are often unsure of the documents required to be submitted for scholarships, and they often miss out on opportunities for scholarships. This set of documents that are necessary for AAUW’s International Fellowship can help applicants be eligible for Scholarships without difficulty:
- Evidence of the highest level Transcripts of the institution or college where the highest qualification (not the certificate) was awarded.
- Proof of current enrollment (current students only) Uploads transcripts or lists of classes/institution letters from the university or college where the applicant is currently in a course if presently enrolled.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree.
- Curriculum Vitae for scholarships detailing your experiences and abilities.
- Motivational Letter to describe why you’re a perfect candidate for this award.
- Recommendation Letters by at least two previous professors/institutes.
- Photocopy of passport that is valid.
- Statement of Purpose (S.O.P.) explaining why you’re seeking this award.
- Plan of study or a study proposal
- The applicant must prove that their native spoken language is English (written declaration required).
Begin applying by clicking the link to open the application and register an account on our vendor website—completion of all necessary components in the areas below.
- Eligibility: Applicants must take the test of eligibility to be evaluated by the selection panel.
- Recommendations: Make three recommendations from your professors or colleagues familiar with you, your work, and your academic background when pursuing research-based endeavours. If you can, the recommenders must be academic or professional colleagues from the applicant’s country of residence who can provide information about the applicant’s credentials and the country’s need for the specific ability or expertise she intends to acquire through her planned research or study. AAUW cannot accept references from dossier services.
AAUW International Fellowship Scholarships Closing Date:
The deadline to apply for the AAUW International Fellowship Scholarships is November 15 2022. .
To apply for the AAUW International Fellowship scholarships, click here.
For more details about this Scholarship, visit their official website. AAUW Fellowship Scholarships, visit their official website.