The United States Educational Foundation (USEFP), Pakistan recently announced its Fulbright Scholarship program for masters and PhD degree programs.
Those who fulfil the criteria and pass Graduate Record Examination (GRE), can apply for it before the deadline. The successful students will get admission in the prestigious US universities in the fall semester 2022. In its announcement, the USEFP has mentioned that the scholarship fully funds the degree, including tuition, living expenses, insurance and travel from and to the US.
Alumni of this acclaimed scholarship program consider it an amazing scholarship that covers both tuition fee and other living expenses. “I really enjoyed this scholarship in my two-year study program in the US as I studied at a prestigious universities where I made good friends from the around globe”, said Ahmad who returned to Pakistan last two years back. He added that along with university studies they learnt a lot in educational trips and other similar sessions in the US. Ahmad is engaged in many social activities along with his work here in the country.
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright scholarship 2021
According to a flyer shared by USEFP, citizens of Pakistan residing in the country having strong academic background are eligible to apply. Interested candidates can apply with a complete application package including:
- An application form
- Three reference letters
- GRE score report
- Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree should be uploaded.
- HEC-attested documents are preferable with the application but degree and transcripts attested by the issuing authority will be acceptable at the time of application.
- For the Master’s degree program, eligible candidates will have either a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s.
- For Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, except for MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
- For the PhD degree program, eligible applicants will have a Master’s, or an equivalent degree (a minimum of 18 years of formal education) from an accredited university. It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
Why You should apply for Fulbright Scholarship?
In response to the frequently asked questions, the USEFP states “one of the major goals of Fulbright programs is to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. In addition to academic work, persons selected for Fulbright programs are expected to share information about their own country’s life and culture with their colleagues and with community groups in the United States.
What you require after Getting your Degree under Fulbright Scholarships?
On returning home, Fulbright grantees are expected to share their U.S. experiences with colleagues and community groups in their countries. All Pakistanis selected for Fulbright awards are obliged to return to Pakistan within 30 days of completing their programs and to serve a residency requirement (a minimum of two years)”.
Deadline of the Fulbright Scholarships
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 9th June, 2021.
How to apply for the Fulbright Scholarships?
Moreover, USEFP advises the candidates to read all of the application instructions carefully before beginning the application and register for the GRE at https://www.usefp.org/testing-services/gre.cfm. Information about GRE test preparation is also available at https://www.usefp.org/testing-services/gre-preparation.cfm.