You can continue your studies in the Netherlands. It’s a good thing! Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is now open. In this post, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of the scholarship program as well as its advantages and how to apply. Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 is a tuition-free master’s award for students from abroad. The scholarship is averaging an amount of EUR 15,000 per year.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship invites international students who wish to pursue a master’s program from Leiden University Netherlands. The scholarships are completely funded and awarded to outstanding students.
The quantity and nature of the scholarship are determined by the amount of money available to each faculty department. Leiden University was founded in 1575. It is Europe’s top research university. The motto of the university is ‘Praesidium liberation which is the Bastion in Freedom. There are seven faculties within the arts, sciences, and social sciences spread across two locations: Leiden as well as The Hague. The university has more than 7,700 staff members and 28,130 students.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024: (LexS)
Table of Contents
1 year and 2 year
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 Benefits:
- The Scholarship Covers All tuition fees.
- Bears Accommodation and all travel Costs
- Covers all Expenses Including Stationary cost
- Providing return tickets to the home Country
- Health insurance For Students
- EUR 15,000 in tuition fees
- EUR 10,000 in tuition fees
- The total tuition fee, minus the statutory tuition fee
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- The scholarships will not be granted to applicants who have received the Leiden University Master’s degree, except for those who are applying for a Master program for which a specific previous Master program (or work-related experience) is required (e.g. LLM Advanced Studies programs).
- Scholarships are not available to students who have the LLM (non-advanced) or MSc program within Leiden Law School, as these programs do not offer LExS scholarships.
- In the case of LLM Advanced Studies programs, the scholarships are awarded only for programs that start from 1 September. There is no award to study for Adv LLM studies beginning on the 1st of February.
- For master’s degree programs in the Faculty of Science, scholarships are only available for programs beginning on September 1st. It is not possible to receive a scholarship to attend a Faculty of Science Master’s program beginning on the 1st of February.
- It isn’t feasible to mix LExS with another scholarship. LExS and another award that is financed through Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
- students can’t mix the LExS with a scholarship from an outside source. Students are required to inform the department of scholarships if they receive a full-time scholarship from a different source. In some instances, there may be a chance that the LExS could be coupled with a partial scholarship from an outside source. Get in touch with us at the Scholarships Team for further detail
- Students should have had impressive academic performance in their previous studies and this is relevant to the Master’s degree program they’re applying for. To indicate that the applicant is among the highest 10 percent of graduate students of their earlier study program. Note: Proof of the ranking is not required This information is only to determine the level of competitiveness.
- The student will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans “Studiefinanciering”. For more information, go to www.duo.nl. This does not apply to Advanced Masters. Advanced Masters, application for the LExS to participate in this program is open to all nationalities.
- Continued use of the LExS cannot be guaranteed if the student alters his or her degree during the study course. Requests are reviewed each case-by-case before the ultimate decision will be made by the faculty selection Committee(s). If the request is made after the student has been admitted to the program and has not yet registered, the student will be denied the LExS scholarships will be canceled which means that the applicant will be required to apply again for the scholarship.
- The LExS is valid only for the duration when the student is enrolled in Leiden University as a full-time student during the duration of the course of study.
- A LExS issued for the academic year stated in the decision letter cannot be transferred to a subsequent academic year or a future intake in this same calendar year. If a student has been awarded a LExS in intake in September (or February) intake but decides to put off participation in the program then the LExS is revoked. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis before the decision is made by the faculty selection Committee(s).
- The student isn’t allowed to receive an additional full scholarship in the same program, except for partial scholarships, which is to be confirmed in writing before. The student must inform Leiden University if another full award, such as one from the Netherlands Fellowship Program, Jean Monnet, etc. was awarded, and which award has been accepted.
- In the case of a program that lasts for longer than one calendar year, students must complete an amount of at least 60 ECTS during the initial year of study to remain eligible for LExS for the next academic year. If there is doubt regarding the number of ECTS criteria for satisfactory progress as well as the duration and method of how progress will be assessed will be decided by Leiden University Selection Committee. Leiden University Selection Committee.
- A student can submit multiple applications for scholarships at a time. It is however not possible to combine scholarships that are offered or sponsored through Leiden University. The following are the scholarships: Orange Tulip – China and CEU Praesidium Libertatis. Additionally, it is not possible to combine LExS with the scholarships offered under a bilateral arrangement with educational institutions or any other scholarships that may be offered or funded by Leiden University shortly.
- The student must adhere to Dutch visa rules.
- The LExS cannot be granted to students admitted to a different Master’s degree within Leiden University except applicants for the Master’s program in which an earlier Master’s degree or works experience is required.
- Leiden University should be notified whenever possible of any changes in citizenship, residence permit, or any possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year.
- If the student ends the course prematurely, all claims for tuition costs should be sent by Leiden University and analogs to the “Regeling inschrijving, college- en examen-geld” for the current academic year. The student is required to submit an application form for registration in writing to Leiden University. If the student is eligible, he/she will then receive a refund of tuition fees less the scholarship on a pro-rata basis.
- While studying at Leiden University the student will be active in initiatives to help promote the LExS.
- The student has to agree to the award of LExS award by filling out the “Acceptance Formula LExS’.
- The faculty selection committees will choose Leiden University Excellence Scholarship recipients and notify them of their selection to the Scholarships Team, up to six weeks following when the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship deadline.
- The Scholarships Team will notify all Leiden University Excellence Scholarship applicants of the decision:
The deadline is at the end of November, you can apply for the February intake.
In April, you can apply for the intake in September.
Application Procedure For Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024:
- Apply online to be admitted into a Master’s degree program at Leiden University and pay the application fee, if applicable.
- In the section for scholarships on an online application you must indicate that you’d like to apply for a Leiden University Excellence Scholarship.
- You can upload a LExS motivation letter according to the instructions on the online application. It is a PDF document that is no more than. 500 words in which you describe the reasons you want to be given the prize. If you’d like to add additional documents, simply click the “+” button on the upper-left corner of the section to uploeveryoneocuments.
- Complete your online application including the details of your LExS application, before the LExS deadline for applications. Be aware that the submission is final and no requests can be made after.
- If you are applying for multiple study programs and would like to apply for a LExS for each, note the reason clearly on each application and attach a LExS Motivation Letter for every one.
Check Also: McDonald Fellowships 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
The Application deadline For Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 is 1 Feb for programs starting 1 Sept / 1 Oct for programs starting 1 Feb