WTO Essay Award 2023-2024 UK | Essay Award
WTO Award 2023-2024
The WTO Essay has released a call on young economics students to write their papers to be considered for WTO Essay Award 2023 for Young Economists. The purpose of this award is to foster quality research on trade policy as well as international trade cooperation and to strengthen the connection with the WTO and academic communities. The essays must be submitted by 2 June 2023.
Each year, the WTO Essay Award 2023 for Young Economists was created in 2009. The award is accompanied by an award of CHF 5 000. If the paper is co-authored papers prizes will be split equally between the authors.
Papers should address questions about trade policy and global trade collaboration. In addition, the author(s) who wrote the piece should possess or be pursuing the pursuit of a Ph.D. degree. If older than 30 years old not over two years old at the time of having made a Ph.D. defense. For co-authored works, this requirement applies to every author. To be awarded the prize the essay must not exceed 15,000 words.
The winner’s paper will be officially announced during the annual conference of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG) The largest conference dedicated to international trade. The ceremony for WTO Essay Award 2023 prize will be held on 14-16 September 2023, at the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom. The author who won will receive funds to attend the event.
It is important to know the WTO is a huge organization to facilitate open trade to everyone’s benefit. It manages WTO trading agreements. It also oversees national trade policies, offers technical assistance and education to countries in need, and works with other multilateral organizations and institutions for the formulation of global economic policies. It is home to more than 160 member states, which account for the majority of global trade. Extraordinary growth in world trade has occurred in the last few years, and exports of merchandise have increased by 6% annually on average. Each member has been assured that their exports are treated with respect and in a consistent manner when it comes to any other market.
Check Also: University of Otago Scholarships 2023-2024 | New Zealand
WTO Essay Award 2023-2024 UK:
- United Kingdom
- World Trade Organization (WTO).
- The period for the World Trade Organization Essay Award 2023 will last for three days from October 14, 2023, through September 16, 2023.
WTO Essay Award 2023-2024 UK Benefits:
- The writer of the winning essay will be awarded the prize of CHF 5000.
- The winner’s paper will be announced during the annual gathering of the European Trade Study Group.
- The money for attending the award ceremony held in the UK is awarded.
WTO Essay Award 2023-2024 UK Eligibility Criteria:
- The paper should address questions that concern trade policy as well as international cooperation in trade.
- It is required that the author(s) for the article should possess or be pursuing the process of completing the Ph.D. degree.
- If older than 30 years old not greater than 2 years old at the time of having made a Ph.D. defense. If co-authored works, this requirement applies to every author. Additionally, to be awarded the prize the essay must not exceed 15,000 words.
- The essay that is selected may get published as part of the WTO Working Paper Series. It is the obligation of each author(s) to work hard to obtain publication of the work in the journal.
Application Procedure For WTO Essay Award 2023-2024:
- Students are required to send the entries to essay.d3******050@b***7.com.
- The format in pdf of the documents requested should be provided.
- Make sure to submit the necessary documents that are required in the form of an application.
Check Also: WIPO Global Awards 2023-2024 | Study in Switzerland
WTO Essay Award 2023 Essays should be submitted by the 2nd of June, 2023 It is expected that the Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible submissions up to the 16th of June in 2023 and the panel of selection will decide on the final selection on seven July 2023.
The only author(s) of the essays shortlisted will be informed.