Humboldt Research Scholarships 2023-2024
Germany Scholarships 2023-2024
Humboldt Research Fellowships 2023-2024, which are German funds offered to international applicants except for German residents, is a German funding program. Humboldt Research Scholarships are currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 session for postdoctoral study in German Universities.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation supports researchers from all walks of the globe through the Humboldt Research Fellowship. You will receive individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and its extensive sponsorship portfolio.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation provides Humboldt Research Fellowships to postdoctoral researchers. This allows highly-qualified scientists and scholars who have completed their doctorates less than four years ago, and are just starting their academic careers, to spend extended periods (3-6-24 months) of research in Germany. All disciplines and countries are eligible to apply.
Benefits of Humboldt Research Scholarships
The Humboldt fellowship costs 2,670 EUR per month. This includes a lump sum for mobility and a contribution towards liability and health insurance.
Research fellows also get additional benefits
- If a third party does not cover the cost of the travel, the lump sum will be paid to the fellow.
- Language fellowship: An intensive course of two to four months at a German language institute. This is immediately before the actual research period. Language fellowships may also be available for accompanying spouses.
- Family allowances for family members who stay at least 3 months with their spouse (monthly allowance: maximum 346 EUR for the marital partner, maximum 274 EUR per child);
- Single parents receive a flat-rate allowance to accompany children under 18 years old for stays of no less than three months. It is 400 EUR per month for the initial child and 100 EUR for each additional child.
- Additional extension of the fellowship for research fellows who are accompanied by children younger than 12 years of age;
- A subsidy for research costs will be paid to German hosts at 800 EUR per month (for researchers in the natural sciences, engineering, and humanities) and 500 EUR (for researchers in the humanities, social sciences, and the humanities).
- Europe allowance allows researchers to stay in a research institution in another European country (but not their own country). This is for a specified period during the fellowship, if required to ensure that the research is successful.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship has ended after a successful research trip. This is especially true for maintaining contact with German collaborators throughout the Humboldtines academic career.
Apply for Humboldt Research Scholarships by completing the following criteria:
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Humboldt Research Scholarships:
- International candidates must be eligible
- Doctorate or equivalent academic degree (Ph.D. Or equivalent, completed within less than four years of application. Candidates who are close to completing their doctoral degree may apply, provided they submit their manuscript or publications containing the dissertation results at least six months before the completion of the dissertation.
- Academic publications are reviewed per international standards and published in journals or publishing houses.
- Confirmation of availability of research facilities and mentoring agreement. A detailed expert’s report from an academic host at a German research institution.
- Expert reviews by the doctoral supervisor or one other academic qualified to make well-founded comments about the applicant’s qualifications, preferable including non-workers at the applicant’s institute.
- Language skills are required: Humanities, social sciences, medicine: good German knowledge if necessary to conduct the research successfully. Otherwise, good English knowledge is needed. Natural sciences and engineering: Good knowledge of German and English.
- The applicant must have been in Germany for at least 12 months during the 18 months preceding the submission of the application.
- German nationality applicants can apply if their usual place of work or residence has been located outside Germany for at least five consecutive years.
- The regulations that govern German citizens apply to potential applicants who have completed their school education, one or more university degrees, and their doctorate in Germany.
CHECK : Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program 2023-2024
There are many steps involved in applying for scholarships. One of the most challenging yet essential is preparing documentation for scholarships. The following checklist will help you prepare your documents to be eligible for Humboldt Research Scholarships.
- Scholarship Enlisting your skills.
- Explanation of why you are eligible for Humboldt Research Scholarships
- A valid copy of your passport.
- Copies of all the educational documents (transcripts/certificates)
- Motivation letter listing critical points about why you are applying to Humboldt Research Scholarships
- Statement Of Purpose (SOP) to make sure you play a crucial role in positive change and learn new skills.
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors/Institutes
- To propose an innovative idea, submit a research proposal. (maximum 5 pages)
- The key publications
- A doctoral certificate is proof of your doctorate or that you have completed it successfully.
- German language certificate, if required
- If required: publisher’s acceptance notifications and acknowledgment of receipt and summaries/translations of crucial publications not available in English.
- Online applications are only accepted.
- You should submit the completed application form and any additional documents at least four to seven weeks before the potential selection date.
- For more information about the online application process, all documents, and access to the online submission system, visit the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation website.
- After the application has been received, a confirmation of receipt will be sent.
- Their authors must upload the expert reviews and host’s statements directly to the online application form.
- The applicant will email the required link to access the application via email to the designated persons. Once all documents are uploaded, it is possible to submit your application.
- It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that all documents are correct. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the selection process. After examining the documents, applicants will receive information about the proposed date for selection.
CHECK ALSO: Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships 2023-2024
The closing date for applications for Humboldt Research Scholarships will be July 2022.