Applications are currently open for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024 at United American International University-Africa, offering fully paid scholarships that aim to assist African citizens who wish to complete university degrees through this institution. The scholarship provides fully covered education benefits.
United States International University – Africa (USIU-Africa) and Mastercard Foundation have come together to establish their global Scholars Program, giving talented African students with disabilities or who face financial emigration an opportunity to access top-quality higher education.
United States International Universities-Africa (USIU-Africa) and Mastercard Foundation have come together to launch the global Scholars Program. This program will offer African students who demonstrate outstanding academic potential but who face financial displacement, disability barriers or gender obstacles the chance to attend an elite university. This program, named the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa, grants full-tuition scholarships to all young African undergraduates in their first semester as undergraduate students. Students completing their educations should possess the tools to lead transformation in their communities and enact meaningful change throughout Africa; having earned internationally-recognized qualifications backed by local experience. Scholarships for African young people who meet certain criteria – women, refugees (displaced or refugee youth), persons with disabilities, and young Men with the following attributes: * Academic ability and commitment to giving back to their communities.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024-2025:
Table of Contents
- Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024-2025 Benefits:
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will benefit from an all-encompassing program that covers tuition fees and functional expenses; .
- library books and laptops; reasonable accommodation and food; as well as insurance to cover medical costs;
- Stipends are given; transportation between home and work is also provided annually, access to leadership education is granted; there will be training provided specifically to entrepreneurs as mentorship services;
- Career counselling will also be made available and people living with disabilities will be accommodated accordingly.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024-2025 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates hoping to participate in the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa must satisfy several conditions in order to be considered:
- Candidates for application to the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must be 29 or younger at the time of submission in their year of application, meeting minimum entrance grade criteria determined by Kenya Commission for University Education (KCUE). Those interested in courses offered by the School must attain at minimum an entrance grade equivalent of C+ as defined by Kenya KCUE while School-offered programs require either a median score of B- or an entry grade minimum equivalent grade C+ in English Math Biology Chemistry cluster subjects such as these as well.
- International applicants must fulfill similar standards.
- USIU-Africa offers The Scholars Program with four undergraduate degrees that qualify for consideration:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Offering Bachelor degrees in Applied Computer Technology, Information Systems Technology (IST), Software Engineering, and Data Science Analytics.
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelors in Pharmacy, Epidemiology and Biostatistics; School of Communication Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation Production as well as in Film Production/Directing
Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelors in Finance, International Business Administration, and Accounting; School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Psychology respectively.
- Can demonstrate volunteerism and community involvement.
- Prove socioeconomic disadvantage.
Application Procedure For Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024-2025:
Are You an Applicant for USIU Scholars Program.
- Applicants who wish to make applications should download and fill out an Application Form from this request for applications; alternatively they can visit the USIU website https://usiu.ac.ke/scholars-program Application forms may also be obtained at the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office on the second floor of the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension.
- When filling out your form carefully consider all details as you go along. Submit the completed scholarship application along with any necessary additional documents via email ensuring they can all be converted to PDF, along with your name and nationality as the email subject line: OR drop them off in person at the USIU Africa Scholars Program Office located within the School of Graduate Studies, Research & Extension Building.
- Scholars program communication takes place via both phone and email contact with candidates. Therefore, applicants should ensure they provide accurate phone and email numbers so they receive necessary updates and feedback on their applications. Following an efficient selection process, those chosen are then invited for interviews either face-to-face or by videoconference conducted by an independent panel. Candidates identified as providing inaccurate details throughout the selection and application processes are automatically removed from further consideration, while any attempts at manipulating this process could result in the automatic rejection of their application. * At USIU-Africa, Scholars don’t use intermediaries or agents in their application or selection processes – no intermediary fees, charges, or “facilitation” costs will incur at any point during application or selection processes.
- USIU-Africa Foundation appreciates your enthusiasm for their Scholars Program made possible by Mastercard Foundation and USIU-Africa. Completing this form is the initial step that allows us to learn more about you, your accomplishments, and whether or not you might make an excellent Scholar candidate for this Program. It is recommended to read all instructions before filling out your application as no payment or purchase is required!
- Your application for USIU-Africa should include some or all of the following components: 1) In your letter requesting a scholarship, include information such as your background (personal history including financial standing of family). Also, include why and what are your hopes/plans in regards to attending. Lastly include future goals. Note: Your letter of application should be attached as an attachment with all forms. 2. Academic documents in copy form from high school including final certificate(s). 3. Recommendation letters from your high school teachers as well as the Headteacher or Principal Organization that sponsors you (if available). 4. An authentic, official, stamped, and notarized official document; 4. A passport-sized photo from within the past year Five. Copies of your Birth certificate National Identity Card Passport or refugee travel documents (if relevant.
The Application Deadline For Mastercard Foundation Scholarships USIU-Africa 2024 is November 24, 2023.