Boston Scholarship 2024-2025 USA
Table of Contents
The Simmons University Boston Scholarship is an award of merit that recognizes students from Boston school districts as well as charter schools that have achieved academic excellence.
- The USA.
- Simmons University.
- Four years.
- Undergraduate level.
Boston Scholarship 2024-2025 USA Benefits:
As a university that is deeply committed to Boston, and the community of Boston, Simmons University strives to offer opportunities for high school students from the area to succeed in college and beyond.
The Boston Scholarship is a four-year full-time, tuition-free award. When they graduate from Simmons the recipients must keep a 3.0 GPA cumulatively and are advised to stay on campus.
Boston Scholarship 2024-2025 USA Eligibility Criteria:
- Current students attend a Boston private high school or a Boston charter school
- You must have a minimum of at least a 3.0 Grade Point Average (re-calculated)
- Simmons is a test that is not required, which means you can choose whether you wish to submit your standardized test scores in your application to be considered for admission. If you choose to submit scores from tests, a score of 21 or greater is recommended for the ACT and a score of 1080 or greater is required on the SAT
- They have demonstrated their ability to engage, creativity with a global perspective, and leadership or other characteristics that indicate the capacity for contributing positively to Simmons their large community.
Application Procedure For Boston Scholarship 2024-2025 USA:
Deadline: January 10
To be considered for the scholarship applicants have to submit their application for admission together and their Boston Scholarship application by January 10th.
The application process is comprised of three components of a nomination letter an essay and an interview on campus. To be considered for the scholarship, please submit all of the necessary documents in the form of a subject ” Boston Scholarship Application.”
Students must also submit their FREE Application to Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (if they are eligible) on or before February 1. The Federal school code of Simmons is 020808.
Nomination Letter (optional)
A student’s nomination
on the form must be from the guidance counselor or college counselor headmaster, community advocate, or teacher. Students can also nominate themselves. On every webpage of their nomination form, students must include their full name as well as their birth date. The nominees must include their complete names, titles, email address, phone, and postal addresses in the letter.
The letter should contain the following information:
- The reason why the nominee believes the student is worthy of this award
- Review and evaluate the student’s activities in the community.
- A review of the student’s potential at Simmons University
- Additional information that the nominator would like the committee to be aware of when looking at the student
The application is comprised of an essay responding to the question below. Students must submit their essays in Word Doc and Microsoft Word Documents by email using the subject “Boston Scholarship Application,” by the 10th of January. The document on each page must contain the student’s full name as well as the date of birth.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide a workable document in the correct file format ( PDF or Word) since we do not accept or convert files that are not compatible (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
- Essay (of less than 500 words): Is a high-quality education a right, or something that is a privilege? What are your reasons for believing this? Utilize specific arguments and examples to support your response.
Interview Finalists will be invited by email to set up an interview. We suggest students book an interview at their campus, but there is also a possibility to conduct them online. Interview days typically take place in February during the break. Finalists will receive an email with the date and time following the scheduling.
Community College Boston Scholarship
Every year Simmons awards two top Transfer students and Dix Scholars in recognition of their outstanding academic performance as well as community involvement. Boston Community College Scholarship Boston Community College Scholarship is an all-year, full-time scholarship for those who graduate at one of Roxbury Community College or Bunker Hill Community College with an Associate’s degree. When they graduate from Simmons the recipients must keep a 3.0-grade point average.
Boston Community College Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA for BHCC or RCC and a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the college level.
- Earning an Associate’s degree at BHCC or RCC the same year that you apply for the scholarship (an Associate’s may be completed in May, December, or in August).
- Only applicable to enrollment in the fall.
- They have demonstrated their imagination, engagement with a global perspective resilience, leadership, or other characteristics that indicate the capacity to contribute to Simmons’s diverse community.
- Apply for fall admission on or before April 1st.
- The scholarship recipients who have been selected will be contacted by email to arrange interviews via video. Interviews typically take place during the second week of May. The applicants will be notified of the date and time of their interview by email.