- Your way of writing should show that you are the best for the position you are applying for.
- It should be very concise, short and easy to understand.
- Do not repeat the sentences
- Always read the profile of the professor and about his research interest,
- Mention about the research area of the professor while writing an email
- Use simple and easy to understand English. Avoid grammatical mistakes while writing an email to the supervisor.
- We have given an email sample at the end of the article.
Follow the following steps
#1 Subject Line
Mostly the supervisors are busy with their own research work and do not have enough time to red all the emails they receive. They have other important things to do as well. So to avoid this issue always write a strong and attractive subject line to the email. This will increase the chances of opening your email by the supervisor. It will help the professor to guess about the consent pf your email even before reading it. We urge you to write a clear and attractive subject line like “Request for Ph.D supervision in your lab” or Request for Master’s Supervision” etc.