YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025 help entrepreneurs build their ability to start and develop their ideas for entrepreneurship and to contribute effectively to the development of economic and social systems within their communities. Since its inception on the 15th of May, 2015, more than 1000 YLAI Participants from Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada have enhanced their leadership and entrepreneurial skills through fellowships in companies and organizations throughout the United States. By utilizing the YLAI Entrepreneurial leadership Curriculum and individual job placements YLAI Fellows have increased their social and business ventures’ growth and created specific plans for action after returning to their homelands. YLAI Fellows built networks, links, and permanent alliances to gain investment and provide support to their ventures.
The fully-funded program within the USA is designed to create professional networks, connections, and long-lasting relationships with investors, which will attract massive investments and provide support to entrepreneurs’ plans. Its YLAI entrepreneurial leadership program includes courses that are both online and in-person and that are based on technical education as well as professional growth. This will assist you in achieving your leadership goals as an entrepreneur. In addition, the four-day welcoming seminar at America United States will allow you to connect with Houston fellows and be aware of the rules of the community and the policies of the program.
The YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025 USA:
- YLAI (Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative).
The YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025 Benefits:
There is no cost to apply to be a YLAI Fellow. If you are selected to participate in this program YLAI Fellowship Program, the U.S. Government will cover all costs associated with the program. The financial provisions offered by Government of U.S. Government will include the:
- J-1 visa support. The visa will not be given to dependents since this is a non-accompanied program.
- Round-trip transportation from the residence city, to the United States and domestic U.S. travel as per the requirements of the program.
- The YLAI Entrepreneurial Leadership Curriculum course and mentorship;
- Closing Forum in Washington, D.C.;
- Professional placement for four weeks with the host organization.
- A small accident and sickness benefit plan A limited accident and sickness benefit plan; and
- The program provides a meal and housing allowance during the program.
YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates will be evaluated without any distinction based on race or color or religion, sexual orientation sexuality, gender, and nationality, or disability, as well as any other characteristics as stipulated in U.S. law. Disability-related applicants are eligible to submit an application for the Fellowship Program. This YLAI Fellowship Program is open to entrepreneurs in the early stages with disabilities who satisfy the requirements:
- Are between 25-35 by January 1st, 2024.
- You are eligible for the U.S. J-1 Visa.
- Have a proven history of achieving growth for their own company or social venture for at minimum 2 (2) consecutive years.
- Aren’t an U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- You are not an U.S. government employee.
- Have a good grasp of writing, reading and also speaking English.
The U.S. Department of State and its partner in the implementation process IREX have the right to investigate all information contained within the applications. If there is an error, or the information is discovered to be inaccurate the application will become invalid, and will render the person applying for the application will be disqualified.
Applications that do not meet the technical eligibility requirements above are not considered for submission towards the select committee. If you don’t meet the technical requirements required in this application, we would like to invite that you join our YLAI Network and visit exchanges.state.gov for information on additional U.S. Department of State exchange opportunities.
YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025 Eligible Countries:
The Applicants Are a citizen and resident of one of the countries: Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador,
* Within the particular situations of residency within Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten the Dutch citizenship is recognized. the Netherlands is recognized
Programs YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025:
- Four-week professional placement in cities all over the United States, YLAI Fellows acquire valuable professional abilities and gain experience in U.S. entrepreneurs in the Fellow’s industry. Fellows will work closely with their host for placement in their entrepreneurial leadership action Plans (E-LAP) that the Fellows will implement when they return to their home countries.
- YLAI Entrepreneurial Leadership Curriculum This YLAI Fellowship Program is a class in-person and online created in collaboration with IREX as well as Arizona State University (ASU) which integrates technical entrepreneurship education with the development of leadership. Utilizing this program’s E-LAP curriculum, Fellows can determine and attain their leadership goals as entrepreneurs.
- YLAI welcome workshop in the United States: The YLAI team will be meeting with Fellows in Houston on their arrival for a four-day welcoming gathering. The goal of the meeting is to greet Fellows who are arriving in the US and provide Fellows and advisors from YLAI the opportunity to get together and discuss the logistics, discuss guidelines for the community, as well as the policies of the program.
- YLAI Closing Forum in the United States: YLAI Fellows take part in the YLAI Closing Forum in Washington, D.C., and as networking events with social and business leaders and U.S. government representatives.
- post-fellowship sustained engagement after successful conclusion on the Fellowship, YLAI Fellows continue their relationship in partnership with U.S. Partners and will have access to continuing professional learning opportunities, mentorships and networking, and alumni-related activities. YLAI Fellows will be allowed to host the U.S. host to their country by participating in their participation in the Outbound Exchange Program, sharing their experience on the entrepreneurial culture in their countries.
Application Procedure YLAI Fellowships 2024-2025:
- The YLAI Fellowship Program uses an online-based application system. It requires an electronic device or computer and an internet connection to submit your application. If you’re unable to fill out the online application because of an impairment, the YLAI Team at IREX will discuss with you regarding the application process and accommodations.
- There is no requirement to complete your application in a single session. You are able to save your work and come back to finish your application at any time you feel necessary. After you have completed your application, you are no longer able to add details or make any modifications. All information needs to be filled in prior to the final submission. It is essential to submit your application before the date of the deadline.
- Answer all questions regarding your application English.
- Each field that have an * need to be filled in.
- All responses to the application, as well as written answers to essay questions, have to be your original work. The use of language that is copied from essays submitted by applicants or using the language of websites is considered to be plagiarism and can result in disqualification.
- It may be beneficial to go through the application and the questions prior to filling in the application. Some applicants find it beneficial to write their answers offline (in separate Word document, for instance) and then copy and paste the responses in relevant sections in the form.
- Professional entrepreneurial experience and expertise.
- Engagement in public or community volunteerism, mentoring or volunteerism in your country as well as applying leadership and entrepreneurial skills know-how, experience and expertise to improve your country and community.
- A clear understanding of how your professional and personal goals align with your program’s goals.
- Showed leadership and commitment to your company’s or organization’s growth, a positive attitude persistence, and initiative.
The Opening and Closing date for 2024-25 are will be Announce soon on official website .