Begin your journey of learning in Australia. Good News! Deakin University Scholarships is currently open. This article will explain this award, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
These RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are supported through Deakin University. Both awards are open to international and domestic students. Only the top applicants will be awarded an RTP.
A scholarship from their international program will help you change your life. They offer scholarships that recognize academic excellence and the potential to impact the community and the University.
Deakin University Scholarships Summary
- Level of Study: Masters / Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): Deakin University
- Research in Australia
- Deadline Open through the entire year
- Arts and Education
- Business and Law
- Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Frontier Materials
- Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
Doctoral Degree Duration
- Three years to receive a stipend and four years to offset tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- Two years to receive stipends and two years to offset tuition fees offset.
Deakin University Scholarships will provide:
- A Stipend in the amount of 28,000092 (2020 rate) or $28,600 (2021 rate) per year tax-free
- A relocation allowance of $500 to $1500 (for families of one to four) is awarded to students who have moved from overseas or interstate to attend Deakin.
- For students from abroad only: Single Overseas Student Health Insurance policy for the period of the student’s visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Deakin University Scholarships
To be eligible for Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, The applicant must satisfy the following criteria in the following sections:
- Required Language: English.
- Countries are eligible for HTML0:All world countries.
- To be eligible to receive RTP Allowance, an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS, students must be the international or domestic students enrolled in an HDR program at Deakin University.
- To be eligible to receive An RTP Fees Offset, an applicant should not have an equal scholarship or award from the Commonwealth. Commonwealth is specifically designed to offset HDR fees.
- To be qualified to receive the RTP or DUPRS Stipend, a student must not receive any money from any other source to pay for their expenses for living while pursuing their studies if that income is higher than 75 per cent of the pupil’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend amount. Any income not related to the student’s field of study or income earned for the program of study but not to assist with general living expenses cannot be considered.
- Candidates to receive the RTP or DUPRS Stipend must complete four years of tertiary studies in education and have the first-class Honors qualification or equivalent academic accomplishment.
- For doctoral degrees:- Completion of a research project in a relevant subject, which corresponds to a minimum of 25 per cent of a full year’s studies at the level of 8.9 or 9.9 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with the achievement of a mark for the work equivalent to a Deakin grade of 70% or higher.
- Masters’ degree (Research) in an area related to it.
- For Master Degree:
- Achievement of a research project that includes the thesis that is at minimum 25 per cent of a year’s full-time studies at the level of 8, 9 or 10 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with the achievement of a mark for the work equivalent to an equivalent Deakin score of at least 65%, or higher.
- Visit the hyperlink for additional information on the requirements for eligibility.
How to Apply for Deakin University Scholarships?
Follow the instructions for applying for this award:
(1) Check the entry paths to verify your eligibility on this page and locate a supervisor before you submit your application; you should seek advice from a supervisor on your research topic and your proposal. Get information on how to contact your supervisor by clicking the link below.
(2) Prepare relevant documents/information, required the following:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Previous research degree.
- Information on publications.
- Bibliographic details.
- Provide the proof of identity and proof of citizenship.
- If you are required to provide a document proving English proficiency, Please refer to the webpage of how to determine the minimum English requirements on this page.
- Two reports of referees from former or current lecturers, academics or supervisors. The template is available here. This.
- Create your proposal. Give a short outline of your research subject, and then read the guidelines for your proposal at the link below.
(3) Apply online to this link and make sure the first time if the faculty you are interested in requires you to submit an expression of interest or not before submitting, then finish the application procedure.
(4) Remember to send certified copies. The copies should be certified before sending them to at least one of the individuals:
- police character certificate.
- Notary public.
- Australian Consular Officer, or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the scope under the Consular Fees Act 1955).
- An employee from The Commonwealth or an employee of the Australian Trade Commission who works in other countries than Australia.
- An agent to recruit international students.
Address for mail: HDR International Admissions Officer
221 Burwood Highway
For more information on applying, check here for more information.
To learn more about Deakin University Scholarships, please visit the official website:
Deakin University Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships available to students studying abroad. The scholarships are offered to postgraduate students and pay a stipend of $28,600 annually, a relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500, and health insurance.