Applications for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship is open. In this post, we’ll go over in detail the scholarship program, its advantages and the steps to follow for the application procedure.
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowships 2024-2025 offer fully-funded PhD scholarships for students from abroad. International Mathematical Union Scholarship value is at a maximum of USD 10,000 per year . It will include tuition as well as accommodation, travel, and costs of living.
Professional mathematicians are encouraged to suggest extremely motivated and mathematically gifted students from developing countries who are planning to pursue a doctoral program in a country that is developing as well as their home country.
Candidates must maintain a high academic performance and be serious about pursuing the field of research and teaching mathematics.
Professional mathematicians are asked to suggest extremely motivated and mathematically gifted students from developing countries who are planning to earn a doctoral degree in a country that is developing that includes their own country.
It is the goal of the sponsors and as well as the International Mathematical Union and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union that the fellowship can help to educate the next generation of mathematicians . It also hopes that it will bring additional advantages to the countries of the recipients of the fellowships. Also Check: DENMARK GOVT SCHOLARSHIP
Details Of Scholarship
Table of Contents
- Level of Study: PhD
- Country: Any country
- Course: Mathematics
- Period: 4 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2024
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program values are more than USD 10,000 annually. be funded through the grant:
- Fee for tuition in full
- Accommodation expenses
- The cost of travel for the host institution (if not the same as in country of origin)
- Living expenses for necessities that are based on living in the nation in which the student is studying during his/her doctoral program.
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
To be eligible for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program The candidate must satisfy all the requirements in the following sections:
- Medium of language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Students aren’t able to apply for the fellowship.
- Mathematics professionals who have a professional background (including those who are superannuated however, they remain mentors to young students). It is preferred that the nominee has mentored the candidate.
- The student must be a resident and an enrolled citizen of a developing country.
- The student has to be accepted as a pre-admission student to an academic program for doctoral students in the initial academic year following the date of selection at the research or university that is based in an emerging country or has been studying for a doctoral degree at a research or university institution that is based in an emerging country.
- It is not an age limit for students.
- Women students are strongly recommended.
- The fellowship is sanctioned for a single year at a given time. It is renewed each year upon satisfactory progress by the awardee and will not be awarded once the recipient has completed the doctoral program or after 4 years, or whichever comes sooner.
Application Procedure For IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Follow the instructions for applying for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowships:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform from here.
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form from here.
Make sure you have the necessary materials to be considered during the selection process: (Only PDF-formatted files are allowed to be submitted.)
- Nomination statement from the nominee
- Scanned duplicate of the student (nominee) travel document.
- A formal letter of acceptance to the PhD Program.
- The budget for the total expense is requested.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Transcripts of the course (certified copy (e.g. stamps by the school)) that prove the following qualifications of the student:) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee motivation letter along with a research project, as well as plans for the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- The nominee (student) announcement.
For more information details IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship, visit their official site: