Eiffel Excellence Scholarships Program 2023-2024: Application Procedure
Scholarships in France 2023
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarships 2023 are now open for online submissions for the next batch. Eiffel Excellence Scholarships are Ph.D. and Master’s programs for international students. This Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was created through the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to allow French higher institutions to draw top international students into their master’s and Ph.D. programs.
It offers opportunities to future foreign decision-makers of the public and private sectors, focusing on priority fields of study. It is open to applicants from 25 to twenty-five years of age from developing nations at the master’s level and candidates up to 30 years older from industrialized and developing countries to apply for Ph.D. degrees.
Two Types of Eiffel Excellence Scholarships:
- The master’s type of scholarship provides 12-36 months of financial assistance to allow recipients to obtain an advanced master’s degree.
- The doctoral type of scholarship provides as long as 12 months’ worth of studies within France in a joint doctoral program.
Financial Coverage Eiffel Excellence Scholarships :
Master’s type of scholarship:
- The Eiffel scholarship is one monthly allowance of EUR 1,181 (a monthly maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a stipend of EUR150). Additionally to this, the following benefits are included:
Doctoral type scholarship:
- The Eiffel scholarship provides an allowance per month of EUR1,400 from December 2022 and EUR1,700 from 1 1 January 2023.
Additionally, Master’s and Doctoral Programs offer these benefits directly:
- Travel by air to international destinations: Round-trip travel by air between the recipient’s country of origin and France. The scholarship recipient is granted one year from the expiration date of the scholarship period to benefit from the return-trip benefit.
- Transport in France: Campus France will provide a train ticket for the location where the awardee’s initial study is and a second one from the final study location to the airport where the recipient will fly back to their home country.
- Local transportation: reimbursement of the amount of EUR50 for traveling by taxi or public transport from the train station or airport to the study site.
- Healthcare insurance for awardees outside of the European Economic Area, Campus France will offer insurance for health until the date of the awardee’s entry into the French Social Security system.
- Health insurance supplemental: within two months after arriving in France, students awarded scholarships must enroll in an insurance supplement. The cost is refunded upon the presentation documents proving enrollment to a certain amount every calendar year by France’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The maximum amount is not dependent on the duration of enrollment. Campus France can suspend the payments for living expenses and related services if the recipient fails to provide evidence of the enrollment in a supplemental insurance plan within two months from the date of arrival in France.
- Cultural activities: Subject to certain conditions, awardees of student awards can also receive aid to cover the cost of living outside student residences on the presentation of evidence of paying the first month’s rent, as in a copy of their lease contract. The proof of payment must be provided no later than three months after signing the rental contract.
Eiffel Excellence Scholarships Fields of Study:
Eiffel Scholarships are available in four broad areas:
- Law Education
- Management and Economics
- Engineering, a master’s degree, and more general sciences at the doctoral degree (engineering along with math, physics, chemistry, the life sciences, biotechnology and nanotechnology, Earth science, space sciences, environmental sciences, as well as information and communication technologies and sciences)
- Political science
Eligibility Criteria for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships:
To receive an initial installment, they must be enrolled in their academic studies at France’s institution of their choice.
- Nationality This Eiffel Program is only available to non-French citizens. People with two nationalities that include French are not eligible.
- Age Participants for the master’s component must be aged 25 or younger at the date of the 2021 contest.
- Application source: Only applications made by French higher education institutions are accepted. They must admit recipients to the academic program stipulated on the form. Applications submitted by any other source are not taken into consideration. Any candidate nominated through more than one entity must be exempt from consideration.
- Academic levels that are targeted: Eiffel Program scholarships are designed for students who wish to pursue a master’s level degree within France (including an engineering college of engineering) and doctoral students. Only those programs recognized as such by the French government are eligible. The French government is qualified. This program is only available to French-speaking students. Eiffel Program cannot be used for French-run international programs or as part of apprenticeship or professional education contracts.
- Conflicts with scholarships: Applications nominating students who are, as of the date they submitted their application, had already received another French government award will not be accepted even if the previous scholarship was only for health insurance.
- Masters component The application that nominates students who were rejected in a competition previously is not accepted even if the application was made by an institution that is not the same or in a different area of study. Students who previously won an Eiffel master’s scholarship aren’t qualified to be awarded another master’s degree.
- Doctoral components: Institutions may nominate an applicant who was previously granted a scholarship at the master’s level for a doctoral award. The candidates who were previously granted a doctoral award cannot be eligible for another. A nomination for a candidate who was disqualified in a prior competition is not acceptable regardless of whether the application was made from a different institute or in a different field of research.
- Level of proficiency in the language: When preselecting non-French-speaking candidates, institutions should make sure that candidates’ proficiency in French is compatible with the specifications of the academic program.
Students who are enrolled in foreign academic programs receive precedence over students who are already in France.
Eiffel Excellence Scholarships Documents Requirement:
Documents preparation is an essential aspect of applying for scholarships. Many applicants aren’t sure about the documents required to be submitted for scholarships, and they could miss out on scholarships. To apply for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships, applicants must submit the following list of documents
- Curriculum Vitae for scholarships listing your work experience and abilities.
- Detailed Research Proposal
- Study plan essay
- Motivational Letter to describe why you’re a suitable candidate for this award.
- Copy of all educational documents (transcripts/degrees/certificates)
- English Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Recommendation Letters by any two previous professors/Institutes.
- A copy of a valid passport.
- Statement of The purpose (SOP) explaining what could be your contribution to the institute if you were picked for an Eiffel Excellence Award.
Check : Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2023-2024 Online Application Process
Candidates should follow the procedures to apply for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship:
- Only applications made by French higher education institutions will be accepted. Therefore, applicants must apply to the institution, not directly applying for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships.
- French colleges of higher learning are expected to choose students eligible to receive Eiffel scholarships from the most qualified international students for their programs of study.
- Institutions must complete and submit an online application using the appropriate form for each study stage. They must ensure that the applicants meet the criteria for those under the Eiffel Program. The length of the educational program, which includes compulsory internships either in France or in other countries, should be stated clearly in the application.
- Each institution can submit a maximum of 40 students within a particular field of study for a master’s degree. Complete applications are rejected.
Check Also : List of European Scholarships 2023-2024-Fully Funded
Application Deadline :
The application for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships is open at the end of September. The deadline is January each year.
For more information on these scholarships, here.