You can pursue your studies at universities that are part of the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan. This is great news! Applications for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program are open. In this post, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of this program’s benefits, the scholarship and the step-by-step application procedure.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is a fully-funded masters’ scholarship for international students. JJ/WBGSP scholarships will cover the entire tuition cost as well as accommodation, flights in economy class and a monthly living stipend.
WBGSP is open to both men and women from developing nations who have relevant work experience and a track record of contributing to in the country’s development efforts that are enrolled in an advanced master’s degree program on the topic of development.
JJWBGSP provides grants to 26 Participating Programs in universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in the most important areas of development, such as fiscal policy in addition to infrastructure management. It is not possible to receive the JJWBGSP Scholarship if not enrolled in some of the above programs. Students from developing countries have a strong desire to return back to their country of origin to utilize their talents and contribute to the culture and economic growth of their countries after they graduate.
Details of Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
- Program : Masters
- University: Newcastle University
- Study Destinations: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Time period : 2 years
- Last Date to Apply:
- Application Window : From March ,29, 2022 through the 27th of May 2022, at 12:00 Washington time.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program offers the winner with the benefits listed below:
- Economy class flights between your country of origin and the host university will be available at the beginning of your program and at the conclusion of your scholarship duration. Apart from the two-way flight the scholars will be awarded the US 500 travel reimbursement every trip.
- The tuition for your graduate program as well as the cost of basic medical insurance that you can get by the institution.
- While at the university during the period of scholarship the student receives a monthly subsistence allowance for living expenses (accommodations and food. and even books). Amount of this allowance is different according to the country of residence.
Note that all JJ/WBGSP awards are for the length of the master’s program , or two years, whichever is the lesser.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship will not provide:
- VISA application(s) cost
- The cost of bringing or support family members of the scholar;
- Training or courses that are extracurricular;
- Courses that don’t satisfy the minimum number of credits needed to be awarded a graduate degree
- The language training is not offered in graduate programs;
- Additional travel arrangements during the duration of the study program;
- Costs associated with research and educational materials or field trips, as well as taking part in seminars or workshops, internships;
- Computers, for example, are educational equipment.
- Resident permit fee
The eligibility criteria for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
To be qualified to apply for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program JJWBGSP, applicants must meet the following criteria: JJWBGSP applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Preferred language : English
- Eligible Countries : All World Countries
- Do not hold dual citizenship in any country that is developed;
- Be in good health;
- You must have at least a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree that was earned at least three months prior to application deadline date;
- Are at least 3 years old of work experience in development following the completion of an undergraduate (or similar) degree;
- Employed in work related to development as a salaried full- part-time position at the date of the submission of the application. The only exception to this requirement is for citizens of developing countries who are from a country which will be included on the current listing of Fragile and Conflict States that applicants are provided on the Application Guidelines for each scholarship call.
- Prior to or prior to when the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted without condition (except for financial aid) for the coming academic year at minimum one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred master’s degree programs at a university situated outside the applicant’s citizenship country and residence country as of the date the scholarship application call is opens. The admission letter should be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Do not being an Executive Director their alternative, or staff member of any kind or appointment with the World Bank Group or a close relative of the mentioned through adoption or blood. the phrase “close family member” is defined as: Mother or Father, Sister or Half-sister, Brother Half-brother, Son Aunt, Uncle, Daughter Niece, Nephew, or Note: All qualifications must be strictly followed. No exceptions are allowed. The eligibility criteria will not be changed when an open call is made for applications. However, the information could changes between the closing of one application and the start for the following.
- Also Check : University of Paris-Saclay Scholarships 2022-2023 (Fully Funded)
Application Procedure for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Follow these steps to be eligible for this scholarship:
- First, you must submit an application for admission to one or more of the Master’s Degree Partner Program(s). Questions regarding how to submit an application for admission to a partner program must be directed to the appropriate university.
- Make an account with the website for scholarships by clicking this link.
For more information about the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program JJWBGSP, go to their the official website: