Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program 2024-2025 is a completely awarded scholarship to international students. The scholarship is offered for PhD studies. It will provide recipients an amount of up to $47,750 in net per fellow over the course of an 8-month fellowship.
The World Bank grants fellowships to PhD students from developing nations to conduct innovative, developmental-related research under the direction of a study advisor at the partner institution overseas during the duration of 6 to 10 months.
Benefits Of Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program:
Table of Contents
Experience in the field
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program give Fellows to work for World Bank projects under the oversight from World Bank DEC researchers and will receive instruction on cutting-edge research methods as well as technologies, and be involved in those involved in World Bank operations. Based on the nature of their projects they’ll be given the opportunity to participate in DEC’s published research and collaborate together with DEC researchers, participate in field missions, and communicate in direct contact with the clients we serve.
Capacity development Fellows will be provided with an onboarding period of one week prior to the beginning Robert S. McNamara Fellowships of the program. It will also include instruction on reproducible research methods. In the course of the program Fellows will be involved in regular continuing education classes and events, in order to improve their abilities. Through their interactions in conjunction with DEC economists Fellows will improve their ability to recognize the need to study, research and write about significant issues in development policy.
Research Fellows will be able to write blogs based upon their research conducted during fellowship conducted with researchers from the DEC researchers. This will be an opportunity for them to showcase their research and contributions to discussions on development policy. Every year, the best four blogs will be posted on the DEC’s website.
Details of Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program:
- Course: PhD
- Sponsor: World Bank
- Location: Any Country
- Courses: Applicants will have the choice to choose on the application form if they prefer for their course to be run by the Development Research Department as well as the department for impact evaluation within the world bank’s Department of Development Economics Vice President (DEC).
- Last Date: April 30th, 2024.
Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program offers the winner with:
- A total of $42,750 net for each fellow for 8 months of program (paid with monthly payments)
- As the fellowships would be housed by the World Bank in Washington D.C. The HR Department of the World Bank will assist those selected for visa applications through invitation letters.
Notification: The fellowship does not pay for visa application fees and travel expenses. It does not cover other expenses that are required to bring or support the family members of fellows.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program:
Candidates must meet the requirements below to be considered qualified to be considered for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships:
- Preferred languages :English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to the nationals of countries in need
- Graduates of MA levels or are currently studying for an PhD or a PhD in Economics or in a related field.
- Not more than 35 years old (by the 30th of June day on the day when the fellowship begins);
- The applicant is able for relocation in Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship. ALSO CHECK: University of Paris-Saclay Scholarships 2022-2023 (Fully Funded)
Application Procedure For the Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program:
Go to the official website that is provided at the bottom. Here are the essential guidelines to apply for this award:
RSMFP application must be completed online. RSMFP Application must be submitted online before the date of the Deadline for Applications and must include:
- A resume
- An expression of interests in research A statement on research interest must be a description of research interests, and should also indicate the research programs that are of interest within DEC.
- Contact information for a recommendation letter,
- A written example (optional),
- A sample code (optional).
All documents needed are required to submit online. Any documents submitted by applicants via email, postal mail or other means beyond the submission of an online form won’t be considered.
For more information details Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program Visit the their official website: