Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023-2024 | USA
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) brings together young development economists from developing nations with World Bank research economists, offering fellows unique opportunities to be part of rigorous, policy-relevant research within the Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC). Fellows will reside at the World Bank headquarters in Washington D.C. for 8 months (September to May annually) under the guidance of researchers from Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments engaged in high-quality and relevant projects.
Through collaboration with World Bank DEC researchers and academic collaborators outside top universities, fellows will gain exposure to the most recent research methods, develop new techniques in econometrics, and connect with top scholars within their discipline. By participating in rigorous research that is relevant to policy, they will broaden their perspectives on potential development issues as well as how their work can help address those faced by emerging countries.
The International Fellowship program will allow fellows to gain practical expertise from experienced experts in their field. At the start of their fellowship, they’ll receive one week of technical onboarding for technical issues related to research processes and methods. Furthermore, fellows must blog about the research conducted during their fellowship period.
Fellowships in the USA will run for eight months from September through May each year and take place in Washington, D.C. The fellows have an opportunity to collaborate with DEC researchers as well as researchers from top universities under guidance and instruction to gain the latest research standards and economics skillsets, plus join a community of top experts in their field.
In 1982, the RSMFP was established by an executive resolution of its Directors to award fellowships to students studying economic development. Funding came from the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and Yugoslavia. This year the Government of Japan is supporting an initiative with JJ/WBGSP which will enable recent graduates of this program to be eligible for fellowships through RSMFP as well.
The RSMFP Governance consists of three committees: a Steering Committee, Selection Committee, and Secretariat. The Steering Committee consists of members from all World Bank Executive Director offices from donor countries that meet regularly to assess progress. The Selection Committee, composed of World Bank DEC directors from research and impact assessment departments, takes selection decisions based on criteria for selection as well as development goals for fellowships. Lastly, the Secretariat provides assistance to members of the Selection Committee with daily tasks while developing guidelines and procedures, supervising onboarding processes, managing partnerships with partners, etc.
Check Also: Shasta College Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 | USA
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023-2024:
- World Bank
- All International
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023-2024 Benefits:
Before applying, be sure to review the program’s full benefits and coverage in terms of financials. Opportunities circle has provided detailed descriptions of these financial assistance benefits below.
- Benefits of the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023-2024:
- Candidates selected will work under the supervision of researchers at the World Bank.
- An allowance per month of $44,888 is granted to fellows during their 8-month fellowship term.
- Candidates will receive assistance with their G4 visa process through H.R. World Bank H.R.
- Fellows have the opportunity to contribute their expertise as co-authors alongside DEC researchers and take part in field trips.
- They could possibly communicate directly with members of the World Bank.
- The RSMFP offers competitive compensation, totaling $44,888 net of taxes for each fellow over eight months (paid in monthly installments). Since these fellows will reside at World Bank headquarters in Washington D.C., HR Operations unit at the bank will assist those selected through application processes for G4 visas.
Check Also: Lincoln University Scholarship New Zealand 2023-2024 | Apply
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
Are you searching for an opportunity to study abroad? This fellowship could be perfect for you. Be sure to review the eligibility requirements for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships before applying.
- Candidates must be nationals of World Bank members countries.
- Graduates with a Master’s degree are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing Ph.D. studies in economics or related fields may also apply.
- Candidates must be 35 or older by June 30th 2023 and speak fluent English.
- Individuals from developing nations are preferred.
- Candidates must also be willing to relocate from Washington D.C. in order to be eligible for this fellowship program.
- Research must address the pressing global challenges we are currently facing.
Application Procedure For Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023-2024:
- Applications are open each March and April for the World Bank Robert S. Fellowship program, with candidates only eligible if they hold a Development Research or Impact Evaluation degree.
- When applying, applicants are asked if they would prefer hosting by either department: Development research or Impact Evaluation?
- Finalists will be chosen based on their knowledge of the materials and proficiency with statistical software.
Candidates must apply by April 3rd, 2023 for Robert S. McNamara fellowships.