Each year every year, the Swiss Confederation grants Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships that promote international exchange and cooperation through research and the arts between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The international scholarships within Europe are open to those who are citizens of the country that have diplomatic relations Switzerland. These Switzerland Government Scholarships are also a way to raise the profile of Switzerland internationally in promoting research culture as well as being an important ERI participant.
Switzerland is a well-respected nation when it comes to education. This is the reason the reason Switzerland has a very high percentage of international students from abroad in tertiary school. Furthermore there are the 113 Nobel Prize winners have their relationship with Switzerland education. Switzerland also ranks in the top ranks in its educational institutions. Switzerland has an impressive record in sustainable long-term research, education and development. This is among the main factors that have contributed to Switzerland’s success. Thus, the imaginative, innovative, and brilliant minds from around the globe are is highly encouraged to apply for scholarships for international students in Switzerland. The diverse lifestyle and culture of Switzerland allows students to be confident and succeed in their areas of study. Additionally the Swiss Government Scholarship for foreign scholars provides an excellent chance for students to establish connections with professors at universities in Switzerland and conduct outstanding research. The scholars are part of a group of alumni who have a great collaboration after having completed their scholarship and maintain contact with each other following the end of the scholarship. This encourages global cooperation as well as the culture of tolerance, which is also the requirement of the moment. This article provides an in-depth guide to two types of scholarships through this international scholarship program offered by Switzerland and the benefits and how to apply for an award.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024:
Table of Contents
- Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students.
- Masters Degree
- Research Degree
- Swiss Government Excellence Master’s Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence PhD Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships
Types of Scholarships:
There are two kinds of scholarship programs
- The applicant is able to apply for any subject of study within the program. Research scholars can pursue their studies at the majority of Swiss cantonal universities as well as universities of applied sciences and the two national institutes for technological research, and the four institutes of research.
Art scholarships are offered to students who are pursuing the master’s level. Only a limited number of countries can be considered for this class. Art scholarship recipients can pursue their studies in any Swiss art conservatory and university for the arts.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Research Scholarships in Switzerland for 12 months
- PhD Fellowship in Switzerland between 12 and 36 months (time length is dependent on academic achievements)
- Post-Doc Scholarship- 12 months
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 Benefits:
- There is no processing fee for applications.
- A monthly stipend is offered to PhD, master’s and Postdoctoral scholars.
- For more information regarding financial assistance go to the official website.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
- To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must present accepted by a teacher at that Swiss university. So, you need to be aware of how to obtain confirmation of acceptance from your professor.
- For PhD and Post-docs applicants, they must hold an equivalent master’s degree to the Swiss master’s level degree.
- To be eligible for the master’s program applicants must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree of that of the Swiss bachelor’s degrees.
- It is necessary for the applicant to be a citizen of a nation with which Switzerland has diplomatic relations.
- The recipients of scholarships must be able to relocate to Switzerland for the duration of the study.
- The applicant who has been residing in Switzerland for more than one an entire year, isn’t eligible for application.
- Anyone who has been awarded any similar Swiss Government grant cannot apply.
- The requirements for master’s programs varies between countries. It is important to verify the qualifications by choosing your country: Countries A – L and Countries M Z
Application Procedure for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships?
- The applicants must apply for PhD Post-Doc, PhD, or master’s degree programs at Swiss universities, as well as applying for scholarships from the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) in separate applications.
- The applicant should provide a complete profile as well as a research project or artwork.
- The applicant must find an instructor on their own from a Swiss university.
- It is suggested that the research of the professor you choose aligns with the subject you are studying.
- Mskr will be in is in direct communication with you instructor and discuss your desire to apply for this scholarship. Swiss Scholarship offered by the Government.
- Students applying for Arts must prove their eligibility in their home country.
- Documents must be written in English.
- The application form is available at the Embassy of Switzerland.
Check Also : Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany 2023-2024
Required Documents for Swiss Government Scholarships 2023-2024:
- A brief CV.
- A motivational letter.
- A research plan with up to 5 pages (signed) by using FCS form. FCS form.
- Two sets of documents must be submitted One original and one duplicate.
- The first set should include the original documents signed by the signer and containing two recommendation letters (if relevant and authenticated with a stamp in English).
- The second set of documents must be an identical copy of the previous set, with the exception of letters of recommendation.
- Aa printed and typed FCS form, with a photo.
- The deadline for applications differs from country to nation. The Swiss award’s outcome will be announced by end in May, 2022.