The Community Engagement Exchange Program 2023-2024 aims to improve cooperation and promote peace between nations. It supports civil society leaders in creating healthy, participatory communities in more than 100 countries. This program provides opportunities for emerging leaders to develop networks and build lasting relationships. The cultural program in the USA plays a crucial role in addressing key factors that contribute to the development and progress of a country’s society. These key factors include women and gender equality as well as participatory government, sustainable growth, youth participation and resilience. These young leaders work together to create a multi-disciplinary global civil society ecosystem.
The U.S. Government initiated the Community Exchange Program, which is supported by IREX. International Research and Exchange Board is a well-known non-profit organization that offers extraordinary opportunities for exchange programs in education and development. IREX has been a leader in scholarly exchanges since its inception in 1968 by American Council of Learned Societies. These exchanges were actually conducted by IREX in the past between the U.S.A. and Soviet Union. After the fall of the Iron Curtain the IREX contribution was expanded to support democratic reforms. IREX now examines programs in education, internet access and journalists’ support.
This young leaders exchange program aims to foster a sense of community among participants, to allow them to think about the pressing issues facing society and to come up with practical solutions. The fully funded leadership program is focused on building the capacity of the next generation leaders and decision-makers. It gives them the opportunity to be great leaders and take on responsibilities. Participants are also equipped with the necessary democratic norms and knowledge that is essential for being an influential leader. CEE is undoubtedly one of the most effective leadership exchange programs because it creates a global network that allows participants to share ideas, get advice and interact with each other.
Through year-long programs, the Community Engagement Exchange Program offers a transformative leadership experience. The program activities include a three month U.S.-based practicum and participation in the Leadership and Civic Engagement Academy. Community engagement projects are also included. They also allow for continued global and local networking. The fellows will be focusing on one of five themes from the 2023-2024 CEE Program over the course of this year-long, U.S.-funded program. These themes include civic dialogue and peacebuilding; governance, equality and resilience; sustainable development; youth engagement. The fellows will be focusing on participation, volunteering opportunities, inclusive and innovative development models, as well as methods to engage communities in climate change, community-based farming, and entrepreneurship. This program should not be missed for many reasons.
Community Engagement Exchange Program, USA:
Table of Contents
- United States of America
- International Research & Exchanges Board, (IREX).
- Cultural exchange program for a year
CEE Program Eligible Countries:
East Asia & the Pacific: Brunei. Burma. Cambodia. Federated States of Micronesia. Fiji. Indonesia. Laos. Malaysia. Mongolia. Papua New Guinea. Philippines. Republic of the Marshall Islands. Singapore. Thailand. Timor-Leste.
Europe, Eurasia: Albania.
Middle East and North Africa: Algeria and Egypt, Iraq, Israel and Jordan, Lebanon and Libya, Morocco and Syria.
South Asia: Bangladesh. Bhutan. Kyrgyzstan. Maldives. Nepal. Sri Lanka. Tajikistan. Turkmenistan.
Western Hemisphere: Bolivia. Brazil. Colombia. Dominican Republic. Ecuador. El Salvador. Guatemala. Haiti. Honduras. Jamaica. Mexico. Paraguay. Peru. Trinidad and Tobago.
The benefits of the Community Engagement Exchange Program in America:
- Participants receive J-1 support.
- Participants will receive a monthly stipend that covers their living expenses, food, and house costs.
- Participants will receive a round-trip travel grant to take them from their country to the USA.
- Participants will have their medical insurance covered.
The Community Engagement Exchange Program 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens in the mentioned countries.
- Candidates must live and work in their country of origin.
- Candidate must be between 21 and 28 years old
- At the time of application, candidates must have at least two years’ experience in professional or volunteer work.
- You will work for your home community if you have refugee status.
- Candidates must speak fluent English.
- The candidate must be able and willing to stay for at least three months in the United States.
- Candidates must be willing to return to their communities and serve their homelands for at least two more years.
- Candidates who have participated in the U.S. funded exchange program must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement.
- The candidate cannot have been a U.S. permanent resident for more than three years.
- The candidate cannot be employed by IREX, or any immediate family member of an IREX worker.
Application Procedure for the Community Engagement Exchange Program:
- All applicants must apply online through the Community Engagement Exchange Online Application.
- All documents and information must be provided accurately.
- Apply before the deadline.
- Semi-finalists must submit English Proficiency Reports (IELTS or TOEFL)
- The deadline to apply for the Community Engagement Exchange Program, USA 2023, is November 30, 2022 at 11:59 Eastern Time.