German universities offer fully funded DAAD scholarships from 2023-to 2024 for international students. These will pay their entire education fees, living expenses, accommodation, and health insurance.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, (DAAD) scholarship was established in 1925. It provides financial aid to students abroad who wish to study in Germany. This macro-scale organization provides students from developing countries with the opportunity to study in Germany. It has provided support for millions of people.
The DAAD scholarship offers a variety of graduate programs in English and German. It aims to educate emerging professionals, provide access to the best academic and practical facilities, and assist emerging economies in establishing sustainable educational institutions. Students will be able to contribute to their communities by taking courses relevant to sustainable improvement.
Financial Coverage for DAAD Scholarships:
These scholarships will be given to the DAAD scholarship recipients:
- A monthly stipend would also be available.
- Educational expenses will be covered.
- Health insurance will be provided.
- A traveling allowance will be provided.
- Relatives will receive accommodation allowances.
- Monthly rent subsidies will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria For DAAD Scholarships
- The DAAD Scholarships are available to students who wish to study a full-time program in Germany, including compulsory presence.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of at least four years to register for a master’s program. A bachelor’s degree must be obtained within six years of the candidate’s last graduation.
- A master’s degree is required for applicants applying for a Ph.D. program.
- Candidates applying for DAAD Scholarships must have 2 years of work experience.
- It is necessary to take the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- If the student plans to travel to Germany for six months, the applicant must be a resident of their country of origin.
- If they plan to stay for longer than six months in Germany, the applicant must be granted a bachelor’s/masters degree from their home country.
How to apply?
Online applications are accepted for the DAAD scholarship. Applicants must first register on the DAAD website to apply for this scholarship. The application form will specify the college choice. Therefore, the applicant does not have to apply directly to the university. An applicant can only apply for one post-graduate degree. This limit does not apply to three courses.
Documents required for DAAD Scholarships Applications:
The following documents must be submitted by the applicant when they apply:
- Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Personal statement letters or Motivation letters
- Recommendations from the employer
- Letter of employment or evidence of work experience
- Evidence of fluency in the English Language
- A comprehensive thesis is required for applicants for Research Grants.
This list is not complete as requirements for submission may differ from one country to the next. Further, depending on the course chosen, additional documents may be required.
Deadline for applications for DAAD Scholarship
The program chosen will determine the deadline for the DAAD scholarship. Is it, therefore, crucial that the candidate checks under the chosen degree?