The United States Educational Foundation (USEFP), Pakistan recently announced its Fulbright Scholarship 2024 program for master and Ph.D. degree programs.
Those who fulfill the criteria and pass Graduate Record Examination (GRE), can apply for it before the deadline. The successful students will get admission to prestigious US universities in the fall semester of 2024. In its announcement, the USEFP mentioned that the scholarship fully funds the degree, including tuition, living expenses, insurance, and travel from and to the US.
Alumni of this acclaimed scholarship program consider it an amazing scholarship that covers both tuition fees and other living expenses. “I enjoyed this scholarship in my two-year study program in the US as I studied at a prestigious university where I made good friends from the around globe”, said Ahmad who returned to Pakistan last two years back. He added that they learned a lot in educational trips and other similar sessions in the US along with university studies. Ahmad is engaged in many social activities along with his work here in the country.
USEFP is administered by a binational panel composed of an equal number of Pakistanis and Americans, with the Chair rotating annually between one Pakistani and an American. As one of 49 “Fulbright Commissions” around the world, USEFP has worked to foster respect between people from Pakistan and America through educational and cultural exchange programs for over 8000 Pakistanis and 935 Americans since 1951.
The Foundation receives support and guidance from both Pakistan’s and America’s governments, yet isn’t an official agency of either. Through various programs, it brings Pakistani scholars to American campuses while also connecting American scholars to colleges in Pakistan. The overall aim of USEFP is to enable Pakistanis to gain a better understanding of America while helping Americans learn more about Pakistan and its inhabitants.
Fulbright scholarship 2024 For Pakistani Students:
Table of Contents
- Master’s Degree Programs
- All Pakistani Students
- U.S. Department of States
Fulbright scholarship 2024 For Pakistani Students Benefits:
- Insurance for health will be provided.
- Air travel expenses would also be covered.
- A monthly stipend to purchase textbooks can also be provided as well as tuition cost coverage and visa processing support from USEFP.
- Finally, a monthly stipend of up to $480 will also be offered by USEFP
Fulbright scholarship 2024 For Pakistani Students Eligibility Criteria:
According to a flyer shared by USEFP, citizens of Pakistan residing in the country with having strong academic background are eligible to apply. Interested candidates can apply with a complete application package including:
- An application form
- Three reference letters
- GRE score report
- Scanned transcripts should be uploaded, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree.
- HEC-attested documents are preferable with the application but degree and transcripts attested by the issuing authority will be accepted at the time of application.
- For the Master’s degree program, eligible candidates will have either a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s.
- For a Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, except for MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
- For the Ph.D. degree program, eligible applicants will have a Master’s, or an equivalent degree (a minimum of 18 years of formal education) from an accredited university. Candidates should have work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
Application Procedure For Fulbright scholarship 2024 For Pakistani Students:
- Candidates interested in applying should create an account through the official website to complete an online application.
- Prior or during the hiring process, all applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- The application form contains various sections, from personal information to required documents. It is imperative that applicants fill out all sections with accurate details.
Why You should apply for Fulbright Scholarship?
In response to the frequently asked questions, the USEFP states “one of the major goals of Fulbright Scholarship 2024 is to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. In addition to academic work, persons selected for Fulbright programs are expected to share information about their country’s life and culture with their colleagues and community groups in the United States.
What do you require after Getting your Degree under Fulbright Scholarships?
On returning home, Fulbright scholarship 2024 grantees are expected to share their U.S. experiences with colleagues and community groups in their countries. All Pakistanis selected for Fulbright awards are obliged to return to Pakistan within 30 days of completing their programs and to serve a residency requirement (a minimum of two years)”.
The deadline to apply for the Fulbright scholarship 2024 is April 12, 2023.