Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2023-2024 are now open to online applications from international students. German Heinrich Boll Scholarships offer incentives for students with undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation grants scholarships to around 1,200 undergraduates, graduate students, and doctoral candidates from all nationalities and subjects. They pursue their degrees in universities, colleges of applied sciences and universities for the arts.
Our scholarship recipients are expected to be highly academically proficient and politically and socially engaged and have an interest and involvement in fundamental beliefs of the foundation sustainability and ecology democratic rights, human rights, and democracy, as well as self-determination and justice.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships Coverage:
Table of Contents
- For international students and Germans studying in Germany, the amount of money available is different in the same way as the German BafoG under the income of parents or their assets or earnings: Maximum, EUR649 plus EUR300 book monthly.
- For EU students/nationals who are not educated in Germany, the amount of money available is different in the same way as the German BafoG under parents’ income or their earnings or assets: up to EUR649 plus EUR300 in book money per month.
- Students1 from countries outside the EU who are not enrolled in Germany, the amount of funding is EUR850 monthly and various allowances for individuals.
- The childcare allowance is provided.
- Health insurance is protected.
The eligibility criteria for Heinrich Boll Scholarships
The eligibility criteria to be eligible for Heinrich Boll Scholarships are:
- For students from Germany or foreign schools studying in Germany, the degrees that are eligible for scholarships include Only the first degree (Bachelor’s or Diploma). Students in the Bachelor’s program receiving scholarships can be eligible for funding to pursue their master’s degree.
- For EU citizens or students who have not been studying in Germany, Degrees that are eligible for scholarships are master’s degrees only. Proof of the first professional certification must be supplied.
- For students from non-EU countries who are not trained in Germany, Degrees that qualify for a scholarship are master’s qualifications only. Evidence of initial professional certification must be submitted. Graduates of German universities abroad can apply for a Bachelor’s or Master’s award twice per year (between September and March). Similar requirements apply to international students and Germans who have been studying in Germany.
The template document is accessible through the website and the download area in the online application system. The following document list serves as a guideline to help students apply for the Heinrich Boll Scholarship effortlessly. You must enter the information below online using the PDF form.
- Your personal information, as well as your CV for scholarship
- A Motivational Letter to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation.
- A description of your motives for studying the subject you are interested in and your significant areas of interest.
- A brief outline of your commitments and political goals.
- Recommendation Letters by any two previous professors/Institutes.
- Research proposal or research paper published.
- A photocopy of your Abitur certificate, baccalaureate or university entrance exam, or, if applicable, the most recent three interim certificates if your Abitur certification has not yet been granted at the date you submit your application. You must provide an official German or English translation from an official translator if necessary.
- Statement of purpose (SOP) to ensure your primary contribution to bringing positive changes and developing new techniques.
Also Check : Humboldt Research Scholarships 2023-2024
Application Procedure for Heinrich Boll Scholarships
- See whether you are eligible to submit the next round of applications before the deadline and meet the formal conditions.
- Find out more about the requirements for applying and the procedure.
- Register for the portal online.
- Complete the required forms and upload the required documents to your application through the portal online.
- After completing the online form and clicking the submit button, you can apply.
Three phases of the application process for Germany Stipendium Scholarships include:
- The application must be submitted in writing that includes a personal reference on your social commitment and a professional reference from a professor at a university or, in the case of school leavers, a teacher. The reference of an expert, which should be placed in a sealable envelope, could be submitted together with the application or separately by the person referring to you.
- Interview with an associate lecturer typically at your institution or in the vicinity of the place you reside (telephone interviews can be scheduled).
- Participation in a selection workshop in Berlin comprised a one-to-one interview and group discussion.
Only an enumeration of a select group at each stage moves on to the following stage. The applicant will receive notification by letter of the final decision made at every stage of selection.
Also Check: DAAD Scholarships 2023-2024: Application Process
Last date To Apply
Applications for the Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2023-2024 will close on 1 1 October 2022.
To apply for the Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2023-2024, Click here.