Apply now for IREX Community Solutions Program 2024: Applications are being accepted from candidates interested in this leadership training program designed specifically to support community improvement work in their own neighborhoods. The program includes an intensive four-month trip to the US during which candidates gain both practical experience and instruction to strengthen their leadership and managerial capabilities.
CSP (Community Solutions Program) is an intensive professional training program tailored for community leaders striving to strengthen their local areas through issues related to democracy, human rights, environmental sustainability issues and peace and conflict resolution – including women and gender-related topics. CSP provides hands-on four-month U.S. practicum experiences coupled with personalized leader coaching using master-level programs such as LEAD-US before initiating six-month follow-up community-based projects within fellow’s country of origin – more details below!
IREX Community Solutions Program 2024:
Table of Contents
- Community Solutions Fellows will complete a four-month fellowship located anywhere within the U.S. They are assigned host organizations where they complete hands-on, work experiences that help develop both their expertise and technical capabilities.
- Community Leadership Institute: Community Solutions Fellows can participate in the Community Leadership Institute – a master-level leadership program offering face-to-face instruction and online classes as well as professional coaching services as well as networking events aimed at improving managerial and leadership capabilities. It offers face-to-face instruction as well as professional coaching services as part of this master-level program.
- Initiatives Centered Around Community: While in the U.S. and working in collaboration with their host organization, Community Solutions fellows design and create an initiative or project they intend to implement when returning home; then upon leaving they implement ongoing community projects for six months in their home countries.
IREX Community Solutions Program 2024 Benefits:
This program covers costs related to:
- J-1 visa support involves round trip transport from participant’s hometown city to the U.S. as well as food allowance and housing expense coverage during a stay in America.
- Insurance to cover accidents and illnesses; accessibility accommodation (ADA accessible classrooms to facilitate in-person instruction); computer programs like JAWS for computerized reading assistance and community-based assistance and training services, among others; as well as community assistance as well as community-based training (CBT).
IREX Community Solutions Program 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for participation in the Community Solutions Program, applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements that have been outlined here. Failure to fulfill any one or more of these criteria precludes their consideration by the committee that selects participants for consideration and review.
- On January 1, 2024, you were between 26-39 years of age, living and working in one of the following countries (listed below ). Residents working within their native community might receive special consideration.
- At least two years’ work experience as either full-time, part-time volunteer, or employee in community development; you are not engaged in any educational programs within the US that involve educational/training/research programs;
- At the time of application, applicants demonstrated an advanced proficiency in written and spoken English, including writing skills. Semifinalists will either take and pass a language proficiency exam (such as IELTS or TOEFL ), or provide evidence that their scores on one were recently submitted for testing purposes.
- Between August and December 2024, applicants who do not hold permanent residency of either kind in America (i.e. permanent residents and citizen residents alike) but haven’t applied for permanent residency within three years can travel for four months under J-1 Visa rules to the U.S.
- Candidates participating in U.S. Government exchange programs must have fulfilled the two-year residency requirements after finishing training programs, returning home for at least that duration after having left America.
- If you are neither currently an IREX employee nor consultant – nor immediate family of one either of the latter or the immediate family member of either (which would include consultants).
- Eligible Countries are Africa includes Botswana, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya Liberia Malawi Mozambique Namibia Rwanda Sierra Leone South Sudan Sudan Tanzania Uganda Zambia and Zimbabwe are countries to which Botswana’s investments extend.
East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia Papua New Guinea Philippines Republic Marshall Islands Singapore Solomon Islands Thailand Timor Leste Vanuatu Vietnam are just a few countries where development projects could occur.
Europe consists of Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria & Czech Republic; Estonia; Hungary; Kosovo; Latvia; Lithuania & Malt; Malta; Moldova Montenegro North Macedonia Romania Serbia Slovakia Turkiye and Ukraine
Middle East and North Africa Countries include Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel Jordan Kuwait Lebanon Morocco Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Syria Tunisia United Arab Emirates West Bank/Palestinian Territory.
South and Central Asian Nations include Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Western Hemisphere countries: Argentina and Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador El Salvador Guatemala Guyana Honduras Jamaica Mexico Nicaragua Paraguay Peru Suriname Trinidad Tobago Uruguay Venezuela.
Application Procedure For IREX Community Solutions Program 2024:
How to Apply: Applicants interested in participating in the IREX Community Solutions Program 2024 should complete and submit an electronic application by the closing date for applications; applications submitted via mail, facsimile transmission, or email cannot be considered by IREX.
The Application Deadline For IREX Community Solutions Program is November 1, 2023,