World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023-2024 | Apply Now
World Bank Graduate Scholarship
The World Bank Graduate Scholarship now provides financial support to students in need by providing the 2023 Japan/World Bank Joint Postgraduate Scholarship. The scholarship program is open to citizens of developing countries who are applying for master’s degree programs in key development areas.
Winners of the World Bank Postgraduate Scholarship will have the opportunity to study at one of the partner universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. The World Bank provides scholarships for 48 participating programs on development-related topics including tax policy, economic policy management, and infrastructure management.
The Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC) offers scholarships for students and young researchers which contribute to the mission of generating new and innovative strategies for capacity building and knowledge sharing across countries in the emerging world.
It is a key element of the World bank’s efforts to support economic development and shared prosperity by investing in the education system, capacity building, and the development of human resources in the developing world.
Since 1982, DEC’s scholarship programs have assisted to build more than 6000 highly-trained and experienced experts and scholars, changing their nations and positively impacting future generations.
World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023-2024:
- JJWBGSP: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Student Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) From 1987 to the present, JJWBGSP has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from 160 countries in the developing world and Japan to earn graduate degrees in related fields to develop. Each year it is the Government of Japan that solely funds the JJWBGSP.
- Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) Since 1982, RSMFP gave support to promising young researchers in an array of related fields to develop. The program currently brings promising young researchers together with World Bank research, data resources, as well as technical assistance. Fellows selected for the program are housed as part of a cohort in the World Bank in Washington D.C. and participate in DEC studies, receiving formal education as well as participating in relevant policy research.
Japan Indonesia President Scholarship Program (JIPS): The program is no longer accepting applications. With a single $10 million award from Japan’s Government of Japan, this scholarship enabled three groups (2008-2010) comprising 43 Indonesian Ph.D. students studying abroad, under the guidance of ten partner Indonesian universities. The window has now been opened to new applicants.
World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023-2024 Benefits:
- Full tuition
- Economy Class Air Travel
- medical insurance
- A monthly living allowance will be provided to cover living expenses (accommodation, food, etc., including books).
World Bank graduate scholarship Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be nationals of the World Bank’s provisional budget.
- Candidates possess any estimated dual citizenship
- Candidates should be healthy Candidates must obtain a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree at least 3 years before the application termination date
- After obtaining a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), candidates must have 3 years or more of the latest development-related work experience
Details of the World Bank graduate scholarship 2023-2024:
- Scholarship recipient countries: United States, Europe, Japan
- Source of funding: World Bank
- Course level: Master’s degree
- Financial scope: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
Check Also: McDonald Fellowships 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
World Bank graduate scholarship 2023-2024 Eligible Countries:
|Central African Republic|
|Congo, Dem. Rep.|
|Egypt, Arab Rep.|
|Iran, Islamic Rep.|
|Micronesia, Fed. Sts.|
|Papua New Guinea|
|São Tomé and Principe|
|Syrian Arab Republic|
|West Bank and Gaza|
|Yemen, Republic of|
Research fields and universities:
(Click here) for universities and research fields. You can also view the list of eligible countries/regions (click here)
You need to submit an online application for the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. The application procedures and guidelines can be found on the official website below.
Check Also: Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 | (LexS)
The Application Deadline For the World bank Graduate Scholarship From March 27 to May 26, 2023