The World Bank Graduate Scholarship now provides financial support to students in need by providing the 2024 Japan/World Bank Joint Postgraduate Scholarship. The scholarship program is open to citizens of developing countries who are applying for master’s degree programs in key development areas.
Winners of the World Bank Postgraduate Scholarship will have the opportunity to study at one of the partner universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. The World Bank provides scholarships for 48 participating programs on development-related topics including tax policy, economic policy management, and infrastructure management.
The Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC) offers scholarships for students and young researchers which contribute to the mission of generating new and innovative strategies for capacity building and knowledge sharing across countries in the emerging world.
It is a key element of the World bank’s efforts to support economic development and shared prosperity by investing in the education system, capacity building, and the development of human resources in the developing world.
Since 1982, DEC’s scholarship programs have assisted to build more than 6000 highly-trained and experienced experts and scholars, changing their nations and positively impacting future generations.
World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024-2026:
Table of Contents
- JJWBGSP: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Student Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) From 1987 to the present, JJWBGSP has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from 160 countries in the developing world and Japan to earn graduate degrees in related fields to develop. Each year it is the Government of Japan that solely funds the JJWBGSP.
- Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) Since 1982, RSMFP gave support to promising young researchers in an array of related fields to develop. The program currently brings promising young researchers together with World Bank research, data resources, as well as technical assistance. Fellows selected for the program are housed as part of a cohort in the World Bank in Washington D.C. and participate in DEC studies, receiving formal education as well as participating in relevant policy research.
Japan Indonesia President Scholarship Program (JIPS): The program is no longer accepting applications. With a single $10 million award from Japan’s Government of Japan, this scholarship enabled three groups (2008-2010) comprising 43 Indonesian Ph.D. students studying abroad, under the guidance of ten partner Indonesian universities. The window has now been opened to new applicants.
World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024-2026 Benefits:
- Full tuition
- Economy Class Air Travel
- medical insurance
- A monthly living allowance will be provided to cover living expenses (accommodation, food, etc., including books).
World Bank graduate scholarship Eligibility criteria:
To be eligible for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program JJWBGSP and meet its criteria, applicants must fulfill certain requirements:
- Language requirements include English; eligible Countries include All World Nations.
- No dual citizenship of developed nations is allowed. Good health is expected.
- At least three years should have passed between completion of your Bachelor’s (or similar) degree and your application Deadline; plus at least three years of experience gained while working on development projects after receiving said Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent).
- Submit their applications only after having held full-time, paid positions related to development for at least the previous six months before submission of a funding application. One exception will be those from developing countries listed as fragile or conflict states on our current list which can be found within each scholarship’s Guidelines of application submission.
- Be admitted without restriction (other than financial aid) into one or more JJ/WBGSP-approved master’s degree programs at universities outside their citizenship/country of residency as of the date when this call for scholarship applications opens; admission letters must also be uploaded before submission of your scholarship application.
- No Executive Directors or their alternates, staff in any capacity with the World Bank Group, or close relatives through adoption or blood, including any close relative of any kind (this term includes father, mother, and any half sister/sister who could count), brothers (brothers included), half brothers or siblings from either gender as well as relatives like aunt uncle nephew niece or nephew must adhere strictly to eligibility requirements set out by World Bank Group without exceptions being made; criteria will remain consistent each time an open call for applicants closes but information may change between closing of application processes before starting again – but criteria will stay the same in terms of criteria but information might differ slightly between closings of applications before starting over again compared with one that takes place later on).
Details of the World Bank graduate scholarship 2024-2026:
- Scholarship recipient countries: United States, Europe, Japan
- Source of funding: World Bank
- Course level: Master’s degree
- Financial scope: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
Check Also: McDonald Fellowships 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
World Bank graduate scholarship 2024-2026 Eligible Countries:
|Eligible Countries are.|
|Central African Republic|
|Congo, Dem. Rep.|
|Egypt, Arab Rep.|
|Iran, Islamic Rep.|
|Micronesia, Fed. Sts.|
|Papua New Guinea|
|São Tomé and Principe|
|Syrian Arab Republic|
|West Bank and Gaza|
|Yemen, Republic of|
Research fields and universities:
For universities and research fields. You can also view the list of eligible countries/regions (click here)
You need to submit an online application for the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. The application procedures and guidelines can be found on the official website below.
The Application Deadline For the World bank Graduate Scholarship From February 28, 2024 and Second window March 27