Fully Funded GIST Scholarship South Korea 2023-2024 | Apply
GIST Scholarship 2023-2024
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea welcomes skilled and gifted students, researchers as well as technical professionals who wish to complete the pursuit of their MS, Ph.D., and MS that lead to a Ph.D. through GIST Scholarship 2023. The GIST scholarship South Korea 2023 award for students from abroad in Korea gives them an opportunity to build an excellent research foundation to advance the field of technology and science. Furthermore, the top scholarship at South Korea’s most prestigious universities gives students the opportunity to participate in and encourage collaboration between international and national research in the industry sector and in academic research.
The GIST students are equipped with the latest knowledge and expertise in technology and science through research-based programs and courses. In addition the GIST’s completely funded scholarship is a joint venture of the university in collaboration with it being part of the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology. The ministry offers full financial aid to the students at GIST to help promote the development of scientists and technologists, and to encourage their pursuit of more innovative ideas. In order to do this, the university provides students with a variety of fields of study in technology, science and research. The GIST university programs comprise Electrical Engineering as well as Computing Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering, Life Science, Physics and Photon Science, Chemistry and Biomedical Science, Nanobio Materials and Electronics, Integrated Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
GIST was founded by the Korean Government in 1993 . since then, the institute has housed scientists and researchers of the highest caliber. Furthermore, the best lecturers at Korean institutes are from GIST. GIST has established itself as the first university of national significance in Korea that has adopted a revolutionary education system built on a complete and fundamental science program. Furthermore, GIST is the first Korean university to have made an official certification of the quality of your thesis a compulsory item. This is the reason the university is ranked as the top in the amount of citations to Professors from South Korea for 14 consecutive years. In addition, GIST is ranked 4th in the QS’s World Universities Ranking. The GIST Scholarships for MS and PhD students is an important step toward achieving the objective that the university has set for itself i.e. The proud creator of the future of technology and science. To lead the world the school teaches all classes in English as well as the dissertation is completed in English language. GIST recognizes the importance of learning and using the international language to facilitate collaboration and improvement. The recipients who are recipients of this GIST International Scholarship for South Korea will learn the Korean culture and stay for a maximum period of three or seven year to complete MS, PhD, or Integrated MS/PhD programs , respectively. This article provides a comprehensive explanation of the financial benefits as well as the eligibility requirements and a clear procedure to apply.
Fully Funded GIST Scholarship South Korea 2023-2024:
- South Korea
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Master’s degree programs
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Check Also: Fully Funded Ireland Government Scholarship 2023-24 | APPLY
The GIST Scholarship South Korea 2023-2024 Benefits:
- A student allowance for international students of 120,000 Won will be granted to both MS and PhD students however, the student must to keep a minimum of 3 or better GPA in the range of 4.5 during the semester prior to.
- All MS students involved on research-related projects receive an assistantship for research worth 5,461,249 won a year. PhD students who are involved with research will be awarded an assistantship in research of 12,513,688 won for the year.
- One-way flights towards Korea will be paid for.
- 60% of the national health insurance coverage will be provided. Health insurance also covers annual medical checks.
- International students receive 100% assistance in paying the tuition cost i.e. tuition fees is reduced.
- MS students will receive an annual stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will receive the opportunity to earn a monthly salary in the amount of 295,000Won.
- The MS as well as PhD candidates will receive the allowance for food at 100,000 Won. (Note that students need to finish at least 9 credit hours in the previous semester to be eligible for a student and meal allowance)
The GIST Scholarship South Korea 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- An applicant has to be an International student.
- The applicant should be fluent of English language.
- The applicant is required or expected to be awarded a degree prior to enrolment at GIST.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degrees should be at least the same as an Korean Bachelor’s Degree
Check Also: CIRES Summer Internship 2023 in the USA | Fully Paid
Application Procedure For GIST Scholarship South Korea 2023-2024:
- In order to be successful in applying to be considered for a job, applicants must be careful when filling out their GIST Online application form.
- Don’t leave blanks . Instead, write NA.
- The applicant needs to apply online to be considered for this scholarship. GIST scholarship in South Korea scholarship.
- The applicant is required to pay the matriculation fee, which is 680,000, however the matriculation fee may be waived upon an order from the head/dean of the college or department.
Check Also: Fully Funded AIT Scholarship 2023 in Thailand | Details
Required Documents for the GIST Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Official English language test report i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80/TOEFL (PBT) 555 IELTS 6.5 TOEIC 750 / New TEPS 327 are required. If you don’t receive your test results in time. Your university may issue you an official English test certificate of proficiency.
- A duplicate of the applicant’s passport is required.
- Official transcripts and degrees are required. Apostille is preferable, and even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two recommendation letters should be stamped with the signatures and seals of the individuals who recommend you.
- The recommenders are not required to mail the letters by themselves or in separate letters.
- The deadline to apply for scholarship Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology scholarship in South Korea is April 15th, 2023.
a. Application Requirements and Procedures