Harvard University Scholars Program at Harvard University welcomes newly graduated Ph.D. winners and doctoral hopefuls within social sciences disciplines to apply. Academy scholars may receive full-time financial support as well as an annual salary of $75,000 with additional benefits.
The Academy Scholars Program recognizes and assists exceptional scholars at the outset of their careers who combine expertise in social sciences with an awareness of other nations or regions outside the US/CA borders in their research projects.
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies Academy Scholars Program recognizes and aids early career scholars whose works combine excellence in social sciences disciplines with language fluency and understanding of countries or regions other than their home nation of the US or Canada. Research should transcend disciplines to demonstrate transnational or comparative aspects of domestic problems either from history or today.
Academy Scholars Academy Scholars represent an exceptional cohort of students that possess innovativeness, creativity, and originality to make themselves stand out from their peers and pursue successful careers at top-tier research universities and international organizations.
Academy Scholars are awarded with two year fellowships from The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies located within Harvard University Cambridge MA USA. They benefit from considerable financial and research support to pursue large-scale research projects as well as develop skills within their specialties or regions. Harvard Academy Scholars meet regularly at lunches, workshops, and informal gatherings to research innovative interdisciplinary methods for their projects. Support is provided by members of Harvard Academy Senior Scholars–an elite faculty group who act as selection committee–who attend Harvard Academy events while offering the Scholars ongoing help as they work toward meeting their goals.
Harvard Academy Harvard Academy strives to create an inclusive scholar community characterized by diverse experiences and viewpoints and welcomes applications from a broad array of candidates.
Check Also: Sydney Scholars Awards 2023-2024 | Australia
Harvard University Scholars Program 2023-2024:
Table of Contents
- Harvard University
- Up to $75,000 annual stipend
- PhD and Postdoc
Harvard University Scholars Program 2023-2024 Benefits:
- Postdoctoral Academy Students will receive an annual stipend of $75,000. Moreover, this may be supplemented with grants for conferences and research travel expenses, research assistant services as well as health insurance benefits.
Harvard University Scholars Program 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- This award is open to individuals holding either a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral qualifications (completed within two years from 1 August 2024 as the starting date) as well as advanced doctoral candidates studying social science fields.
- Students nearing completion of their dissertation must present degree conferral documents issued from their university registrar’s office before June 30th, 2024 to qualify for August 1st as their starting date.
People who have completed more than one Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are ineligible.
- Each year, five to six Academy Scholars are selected as residents for two years at an annual salary of $75,000 plus housing costs. Once in residence, these Academy Scholars should complete two years within three years with no delays or deferrals before commencing. Academy Scholars may take up to 12-month breaks between years 1 and 2, either for acceptance of tenure track positions without incurring further obligations in this time, or accepting further awards or funding sources without incurring further obligations on them as Academy Scholars.
Check Also: World Trade Organization Internship 2023 | WTO
Application Procedure For Harvard University Scholars Program 2023-2024:
Your application must arrive by September 22, 2023 as The University do not accept late submissions.
Completed applications will contain:
- Curriculum curriculum Vitae (CV), including a listing of publications. Research proposal (2k words maximum), outlining intellectual goals as well as plans for methodological and disciplinary works.
- Please submit one writing sample from a scholarly source (i.e. a chapter from your Ph.D. dissertation or up to a 50-page academic journal article written solely in English), plus an official transcript from your Ph.D. program transcript, for review by our committees.
- By September 22nd 2023, three recommendations will have been uploaded securely and directly into the app by their authors.
- Each part of an application, including those three letters of recommendation, are accessible online in pdf files through Harvard Academy’s main page website by clicking “APPLY ONLINE”.
- Materials must be submitted no later than September 22nd 2023 in order to begin selection by the Selection Committee, with incomplete applications having a lower chance of being assessed by them. An award announcement should take place no later than December.
- Footnotes or bibliographies can add details and context to the research proposal, though their inclusion is optional and won’t count toward your maximum 2000-word limit for research statements.
- Regarding transcripts from foreign universities, our reviewers have reviewed numerous applications from these foreign institutions and requested transcript-like documentation from each Registrar at each graduate institution; including master’s programs or doctoral degrees that you have taken or are taking currently. Most likely, your institution frequently receives requests for these documents so may provide them upon your request.
The Application deadline For Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023-2024 is September 22, 2023