How to find Scholarships Abroad? If you are planning to study abroad then you may know that the tuition fees and your living costs make a large budget. Fortunately, scholarships give the required financial support to many needy students.
In this article, we will answer your below questions.
Don’t let the cost of studying abroad deter you. A common misconception about traveling abroad is that it’s expensive. But the truth is: It doesn’t have to be! There are thousands of grant and scholarship opportunities waiting to be applied for! And who wouldn’t appreciate free money? Everyone gets those heart-eye emoji feelings just thinking about it!
Let us not forget how important this day was for him; when his sister asked if he could stay, the response was yes! Before embarking on your semester or summer abroad, it may be necessary to give up some things (for instance, refrain from overspending on desserts and cut back on post-Christmas sales shopping). But being responsible with money before the trip will lead you towards greater opportunities and more exciting experiences. Saving strategies combined with financial assistance (like scholarships for studying abroad) can provide the means to achieve your goals – provided you’re willing to put in the effort of applying! Here are 10 guaranteed steps to get the top scholarships for studying abroad (but don’t assume it will be easy!). We understand that you want to explore amazing places but due to work, school, family, and friend commitments, we don’t want you to waste your time with ineffective strategies or tactics that won’t help you win awards.
Scholarships abroad how you can distinguish from grants and loans?
Table of Contents
- Who is eligible to apply?
- How to apply for a scholarship?
- How to get access to different scholarships?
- What varieties of scholarships are out there?
What is a scholarship?
According to the Cambridge dictionary, a scholarship is “an amount of money given by a school, college, university or organization to pay for the studies of a person with great ability but little money”. Also, some scholarships are helping students regardless of their academic abilities.
Difference between Scholarships and Grants:
Both are awarded as gifts, you don’t need to pay them back. Although, grants are usually need-based, often given to students who cannot afford the costs of study. In contrast, scholarships are mostly awarded based on some abilities that may be academic, athletic, artistic, or speaking.
Difference between Scholarships and student loans:
A student loan is an amount, which you need to pay back with the interest or sometimes without interest. This can help you to get up from a financial crisis but afterward, when you get back, you need to pay it.
Who is eligible to apply for scholarships abroad?
The person who meets the requirement of a scholarship can apply. Yes, it’s a very general answer; let’s come to the specific, some scholarships target a specific type of student. Always check for the last date of submission and if it is only for national, international students, or both.
Some most common requirements of an application are below.
- Application form
- Motivational letter
- Recommendation letter
- Letter of acceptance from an academic institution.
- Income details and official financial statement
- Evidence of any achievements or recognitions
Also Check: State of Purpose Example |Template| Format
How to apply for scholarships abroad?
If you plan to apply for a study abroad scholarship then start preparing your documents. Generally, an application process looks like this:
- Complete the online application form and register yourself.
- Make sure you have received the confirmation email.
- Compose a personal statement or essay. Your statement essay should be original so that you can impress through your unique thoughts and ideas.
- Get evidence of your achievements or recognitions. Describe the achievements if necessary, it mostly is.
- Get official documents of your low-income status or nationality.
- Proofread all the documents before you submit them.
- Submit an acceptance letter from the university. Scholarship providers want confirmation that you have been accepted.
- Mostly, University or college receives your scholarship money directly to cover your tuition fee or other costs.
How to get access to different scholarships abroad:
The official websites of the institutions you want to apply to are the best sources to get access to scholarships. If you don’t find it on the website, you can also contact a representative for help.
Some websites are below that may help you
The official study abroad pages of individual countries also offer information about scholarships:
- official info about scholarships in Austria
- official info about scholarships in Denmark
- official info about scholarships in France
- official info about scholarships in Germany
- official info about scholarships in Sweden
- official info about scholarships in the Netherlands
- official info about scholarships in the UK
Other Websites that provide the best information About scholarships
Secondly, you can get access by using other sources on the internet but nowadays it is quite difficult to get accurate or authentic information.
What varieties of scholarships are out there:
Below are the most common scholarships you can apply for your studies abroad:
- Scholarships for extraordinary academic performance.
- Scholarships for excellent research, artistic, or athletic abilities.
- Scholarship for low-income students.
- Scholarships for under-represented groups (women, special persons, citizens from developing countries)
- Scholarships for all international students.
Scholarship for extraordinary academic performance:
You need top academic achievements to apply for this scholarship. Mostly, universities and colleges offer this type of scholarship along with the admission offer; check out for details in the admission form or website.
Scholarship for excellent research, artistic, or athletic abilities:
You need good research, sports, athletic skills, or achievements for this scholarship. This type of scholarship is very common in the US but you will also find it in other countries.
Scholarships Abroad for low-income students:
This scholarship is more like a grant, which aims to support students who belong to poor families and cannot bear their study costs. Universities and different organizations offer this scholarship with the hope that future graduates will contribute to their communities.
Scholarships Abroad for under-represented groups:
These scholarships aim to support individuals who don’t have enough representation in the community. Different organizations offer this scholarship to empower underrepresented groups of the community.
Scholarships for international students:
Some none governmental organizations offer scholarships for international students. This aims to promote higher education. This still may have some requirements that will be broad, not focused on a specific region or ability